Mr. Football Semifinalists Announced

TheAmbassador

One question if wc#2 stats were correct on Bituli, with only 50 tackles in 10 games, why was he even nominated? Thsee awards are supposed to be best HIGH SCHOOL players for 2015, not best potential players at next level based on their size. Just asking not demeaning this particular player I've not seen him play, but if the 50 is accurate that seems a bit questionable.

It truly is one of those "stats are deceiving" things.  He missed 1 mid-season game with an injury (so only 9 games played) and only played a few quarters of all the second halves this year.  Trust me, you don't want him playing against the other team's JV late in games.  

again your are listing his size and hype, end of day awards should be on merrit. I'm not saying huntingdon is being snubbed, what I'm saying is there is probably 100 more lineman in 1A with almost double that output. My argument is the award has drifted to college potential that does not always pan out and some really exceptional high school players get looked over because they were just awesome highs choose players with awesome stats but have a high school frame not a D1 frame. It should be best player on Merritt of the year, not what they MIGHT do at the next level. The playing time has no meaning either, Huntingdon first team has played 4 qtrs in 3 games all year as well and still have 3 or 4 players with more tackles. I'm just question the system and methiology of the process not necessarily Bituli himself, again I've not seen him play.

huntingdon benefitted from the same thing a few years ago. Chris Donald didn't do much at all his senior year but because he was a big D1 Recruit he won mr football