William Blount football 2016

Governm

I read the entire report.  It looks like the booster's bookkeeping at the previous school was not the greatest to say the least.  I don't doubt for a minute that Coach Shadowens took a gift card or six along with his staff.  I just don't think it was handled correctly in the books.  We are making sure that our bookkeeping with our boosters is on point.  Thus far, all is well.

I hope Shad stays until he retires.  Although his record last year was not what he would have wanted, he did a fine job.  For those that are not from around this area, William Blount is a very difficult job.  It is a tough 6A league, and you have two state champions in Maryville and Alcoa within 10 minutes of the school.  It is not easy to keep your players around.  He has good numbers out this year, and the middle school with Coach Young is definitely on the rise.  

To be honest, I selfishly hope that this issue will keep his name from popping up at every opening that comes up.  He is building a house in the area, and I hope he rides it out here at WB until he calls it a career.  

As I have always asked - did all this info come out in the hiring/interview process? Did anybody talk to the booster club officers OR were/are they assumed to be lying? If it all came out (specifically the text messages and the material on page 8), then everyone was above board and there is no real story here (just in rutherford county). I guess we assume that is the case with the silence from the school board?

I guess the cattle have left the barn in rutherford county - and evidently nobody in blount county really cares. The kids heading to wb deserve everybody's best effort. I've heard alot of good things about the coach - as a man, role model, friend, and a good coach. I hope he is able to help the young people he will lead in LA over the next several years. Those kids definitely deserve it.

Edited by strongx