Round 2: Marshall County hosts Livingston

Lead

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys seem to have quite a good team. We've only got one, two way player and he plays receiver and safety. We've got 4 rotating d-lineman, and about 7 ball carriers that can gain consistent yardage when needed.

Solid team, but haven't had much competition this year. Their region was unusually weak with Spring Hill not living up to expectation and Giles Co. being as bad as they have been in a while. And the number two seed Page got drilled by East Hamilton.

Solid team, but haven't had much competition this year. Their region was unusually weak with Spring Hill not living up to expectation and Giles Co. being as bad as they have been in a while. And the number two seed Page got drilled by East Hamilton.

Yes that 2 point Forrest loss to Page that y'all couldn't stop yelling about earlier in the season really doesn't look so strong now uh? Good job pointing that out.

Yes that 2 point Forrest loss to Page that y'all couldn't stop yelling about earlier in the season really doesn't look so strong now uh? Good job pointing that out.

Pointing what out, that we gave away a game to a 4A high school that finished second in their region? You, they, and all 4A schools should beat us, nobody has ever said otherwise. Sorry you can't take the truth that your region and schedule was weak this year. I'm simply stating a fact.

I wouldn't say that Marshall County's schedule is as weak as indicated.  Yeah, I think Giles and Spring Hill would both admit that they had disappointing years, but both teams still have quite a bit of talent.  Spring Hill has two SEC level athletes and Giles is still Giles.  Marshall County took care of business quite handily against both of those teams.  Marshall County beat Page by 18, and they played sloppy in that game.  They played the region schedule given to them and nobody was within 18 points of them all year, and the majority could have been much worse than the score indicated.

As for out of region games, Marshall County played 4 schools from Nashville, and each made the playoffs this year.  East Nashville went 3-8 but still has a linebacker that a ton of really good schools want, including SEC programs.  Stratford is 7-3 and still playing this year.  They're also coached by one of the best coaches in Metro.  Overton beat Marshall County by 1 point when Marshall County's defensive coordinator was out.  Overton is in the second round of the playoffs in 5A.  Maplewood was missing two huge contributors for most of the year.  They lost by 7 to Lipscomb in the first round last week, so I think it's known that they are much better than the record indicates.  

Marshall County played 7 playoff teams this year.  That's a pretty impressive number in my opinion, more so than that they haven't had much competition this year.  You play who's on the schedule, and they did that with an average margin of victory of 30 points.  At the end of the day, who they've played only matters for discussions such as this.  At this point, all that matters is how each team plays on Friday night.   

Pointing what out, that we gave away a game to a 4A high school that finished second in their region? You, they, and all 4A schools should beat us, nobody has ever said otherwise. Sorry you can't take the truth that your region and schedule was weak this year. I'm simply stating a fact.

Cool story man but it sounds a lot like my kids classroom talk going on, Good job and Good luck to y'all this week.

MC and LA should be a good game with possibly a a lot of points and some good players on display. I'm excited to see this running back Linder