Mount Juliet at Whitehaven

MJGOLDENBEARS

I think coach Harmon will make sure they're well coached up and focused. I think it's too much experience and leadership in that secondary to get too greedy. Wasn't this senior class the same freshman class from the year we won gold?

Yes. The seniors were freshman then. They know that it's one game at a time. Focus is key. I agree about coach H. I also like that Gene Robinson is on staff bringing in his NCAA knowledge from his stint playing DB at North Carolina under that current coach, Larry Fedora. I've seen his influence on the DBs. I also like the fact that our defensive backfield as well as the LB corp is comprised of seniors and juniors. The whole D actually. The only sophomore getting any significant PT on the D is #82 Devon Robinson, coach Collin's grandson. That D is experienced.

Edited by kwc

I had not realized that it's Friday the 13th either. I'm not superstitious either. I have been thinking about our 'D'. Wev'e had two games in a row with multiple pick sixes. I'm hoping that our DBs and LBs don't get too aggressive and let the game come to them.

What's too aggressive on defense... Keep jumpin routes and/or blitzing these folks

What's too aggressive on defense... Keep jumpin routes and/or blitzing these folks

Jumping routes. Blitzing is a called action from the sideline. I think our Dline will provide enough pressure to create errant passes. Just be patient ... and not try to duplicate last week. It needs to happen organically in the flow of play.

Mt Juliet O line needs to play great tonight. They have the size avg. 6'4 275. They need to fire off the ball and stay on their blocks. Need to move their feet on pass protection. This game is on the O line. Need to win their one on one matchups.

If MJ can run the ball and not be one dimensional ; this could be a good game. If the O line doesn't play well and they have to relay on the pass; it could be long night for MJ QB. Need to protect him; which MJ has struggled with. Receivers need to run crisp routes and create separation and catch the ball. Cant be dropping passes.

All in all; MJ cant get behind the chains. Must win on first down. Cant have any turnovers.

Anyone know if this game will get to youtube for those of us that cant make game?

GO BEARS !

Mt Juliet O line needs to play great tonight. They have the size avg. 6'4 275. They need to fire off the ball and stay on their blocks. Need to move their feet on pass protection. This game is on the O line. Need to win their one on one matchups.

If MJ can run the ball and not be one dimensional ; this could be a good game. If the O line doesn't play well and they have to relay on the pass; it could be long night for MJ QB. Need to protect him; which MJ has struggled with. Receivers need to run crisp routes and create separation and catch the ball. Cant be dropping passes.

All in all; MJ cant get behind the chains. Must win on first down. Cant have any turnovers.

Anyone know if this game will get to youtube for those of us that cant make game?

GO BEARS !

If this were a SCS game of the week I would say yes. But it isn't, so I'm going to say no.

Your OL is big. The Franklin DL controled the LOS in this game.

Mt. Julit vs Franklin

Bad luck that game, our offense was inept, but our QB overthrew the whole game, Franklin caught a Hail Mary type jump ball in the end zone, and Our QB threw a pic as we were driving late in the first half in which Franklin ended up scoring. Much like the Cane Ridge game where they scored off two pick six'a. Our Defense, for the most part, is not the problem. Offensive play calling, staying on blocks, and the accuracy of our QB are the biggest factors.

You guys should have a much better crowd than last week. MJ students chartered a bus so they should be bringing a crowd. We only had about 75 to 100 fans last week when we went to Cordova.

Man that is great to hear. I know that the Whitehaven faithful will be tailgaiting. Some are probably firing up the gril as I type. I hope your folk get there in time to enjoy a grilled brat or some ribs. The game time atmosphere at the Haven really is special. I hope everyone travels safely. Welcome to 'Da Haven'.

GO BEARS !

Kisler, in the games I watched a big part of the problem in the run game is the O-Line's pad level. They come out of their stance like their pass blocking instead of firing out and staying low. In Pass blocking the Tackles kick step (or lack of) is slow. McGavock's DE's beat them on almost every pass play. The QB did a good job stepping up toward the LOS avoiding several sacks but rushed several passes because of the outside pressure. Why the play calling (QB keeper, shuttle pass, etc) to adjust to that never materialized is the big? Hopefully the coaches figured this out and worked on it this week. If they didn't its probably going to get ugly. Good luck and go Bears!