District 9-A

ecu

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Eagleville! The girls played hard all game but did anyone else feel like the refs decided the outcome of that game? MC had that game won but the refs but in their two cents at the end.

Major Shelton and the guy with glasses are the same 2 that helped Eagleville at home against MC. Referees need to be held a little more accountable by TSSAA. Always next year since MC is all Sophomores and a couple Freshman.

Did not get a chance to post predictions before the tournament started, so I will just go from here on out. I see Community over Eagleville in the 1-4 and Forrest over MTCS in the 2-6. In he championship game I'll take Community over Forrest. Finally, in the consolation MTCS over Eagleville. FWIW, I think 3 of the 4 9A teams will win the first region game with the 4 seed from 9A (Eagleville in my eyes) losing.

All Season Predictions:

Community- Pierce, Reed, Barnes

MTCS- Wilkerson, Buckner, Adams

Huntland- Golden, Lewter, Mclennan

Eagleville- Barnes, Burns

Moore County- Hawkins, PG

Forrest- Yost

City- Horton

MVP is a toss up between Pierce a Wilkerson. Would have said Pierce before Miss Basketball finalists came out, but think its a coin flip now. I'll stick with my gut and say Pierce wins it.

I believe Coach Lynch from Eagleville will take home Coach of the Year.

All Tournament selections will obviously be based on how things finish up. Good luck to all remaining teams!

All Season Predictions:

Community- Pierce, Reed, Barnes

MTCS- Wilkerson, Buckner, Adams

Huntland- Golden, Lewter, Mclennan

Eagleville- Barnes, Burns

Moore County- Hawkins, PG

Forrest- Yost

City- Horton

MVP is a toss up between Pierce a Wilkerson. Would have said Pierce before Miss Basketball finalists came out, but think its a coin flip now. I'll stick with my gut and say Pierce wins it.

I believe Coach Lynch from Eagleville will take home Coach of the Year.

All Tournament selections will obviously be based on how things finish up. Good luck to all remaining teams!

I agree with your predictions and respect all of the girls. IMo-In prepping for any game with MTC I would game-plan who could hurt me the most and in this case around Buckner and not Wilkerson. That to me drives who I think is MVP considerations. (As well as Ms. Basketball nominations.)

It is amazing how politics have taken over high school basketball. The MVP for District 9-A is clear as day. Community has owned the district for three years not MTCS. Therefore you go with Communiy's leader for MVP. Hard to argue against that. What will be sad is when someone up for Miss Basketball doesn't even win District MVP.

It is amazing how politics have taken over high school basketball. The MVP for District 9-A is clear as day. Community has owned the district for three years not MTCS. Therefore you go with Communiy's leader for MVP. Hard to argue against that. What will be sad is when someone up for Miss Basketball doesn't even win District MVP.

Have to agree here Pierce is the obvious choice.  Hope the coaches do the right thing and give it to her.