McNairy

mcnairy

It's not that the coach they hired is bad. I don't know him. The problem is that the good ole boy network is maintaining the status quo. The process was clearly skewed to hire this guy. There is no way you can tell me that they didn't get any resumes from other coaches that were better than a guy already on staff that WASNT even coaching football. It's got nothing to do with supporting the coach. You have to support him now for the kids sake. The process by which he was GIVEN the job...is a problem. McNairy has a leadership issue...that's obvious to even me...an outsider

Looks like us outsiders have a better perspective than those too close to see the forest for the trees. If even the doubters will support the team and forget the process of hiring a coach they will be better off. If Franks is a success, that's great...if not, worry about that when it comes. Whether or not you agree with the method you now have a coach, so give him and the kids an honest opportunity.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tradertwo I agree with you totally! Like it or not, a coach is in place and now the kids will have a vision again. Personally, if everyone will just let him do his job, I think he will succeed. You can't just sit around and wait for something bad to happen. It's support and positives that the program needs. If you can't get behind him then just get out of his way!

I'm not sure how he will do coaching two major sports and being the AD, but I think one main reason they probably went with him is because of his relationships with kids in the area. He will be able to keep more of those kids at MC that have been going to Adamsville the past few years which will make a big difference. They just have to be able to coach those kids up once they get them.

The future of McNairy Central is going to be better. While Brian Franks is not associated with football as much as he is baseball, he does excel in talking to players.  A big key to having a good team is having all the athletes in the school on the team. Brian will do well in that area.

There is little doubt there will be some new coaches coming in to help Franks. He knows that he is going to need to help with good coaches. A fresh start with the staff is going to be a plus.

He is our coach and I hope he does well. Good days are ahead for Bobcats football.

The future of McNairy Central is going to be better. While Brian Franks is not associated with football as much as he is baseball, he does excel in talking to players.  A big key to having a good team is having all the athletes in the school on the team. Brian will do well in that area.

There is little doubt there will be some new coaches coming in to help Franks. He knows that he is going to need to help with good coaches. A fresh start with the staff is going to be a plus.

He is our coach and I hope he does well. Good days are ahead for Bobcats football.

Just curious, is this Coach Franks first stint as a football coach at the high school level?

Although I don't particularly care about who is head coach at Central, I like Coach Franks. He's one of a handful of teachers or coaches from high school at Adamsville that I go out of my way to speak to when I see them.

He's fielded a competitive team in every spot he's been at, from Bethel Springs junior high football and basketball to Central's baseball team. And, despite some of the things I've read on this thread, each of those three programs were non-competitive when he inherited them - and had been for awhile.

He's a Adamsville-alum with family ties to Hardin Co.  So I don't see where the talk about "inner machinations" and the strong "pull" he has at Selmer is coming from at all.

Edited by 1RT

Although I don't particularly care about who is head coach at Central, I like Coach Franks. He's one of the only teachers or coaches from high school at Adamsville that I go out of my way to speak to when I see them.

He's fielded a competitive team in every spot he's been at, from Bethel Springs junior high football and basketball to Central's baseball team. And, despite some of the things I've read on this thread, each of those three programs were non-competitive when he inherited them - and had been for awhile.

He's a Hardin County-alum with strong family ties to....Adamsville .  So I don't see where the talk about "inner machinations" and the strong "pull" he has at Selmer is coming from at all.

Not bashing anyone, but why did it take so long to name him coach, if he was already in the building?

Not bashing anyone, but why did it take so long to name him coach, if he was already in the building?

I'm not familiar with the situation so I have no idea.  I do know that the McNairy County school system is pretty notorious for dragging its feet when hiring a football coach.  The last two Adamsville head coaches were hired in the spring, when the vacancies came open in September and November the previous year respectively.  And Coach Gray was in the building too during the last hiring process since he was the junior high assistant coach when AHS tabbed him as the head man.

I also figure Coach Franks had to think awhile before taking the job.  He would probably never be dismissed for losing in baseball at Central, but he will be dismissed if he loses as the football coach. 

Edited by 1RT

Although I don't particularly care about who is head coach at Central, I like Coach Franks. He's one of a handful of teachers or coaches from high school at Adamsville that I go out of my way to speak to when I see them.

He's a Hardin County-alum with strong family ties to....Adamsville .  So I don't see where the talk about "inner machinations" and the strong "pull" he has at Selmer is coming from at all.

1RT, just for the record Coach Franks is an alum of Adamsville High School, class of 94.  Sure some old die hard bobcats are rolling over knowing a former CARDINAL  is calling the shots at MCHS!!!  Wow.....maybe we are making progress in the county. 

1RT, just for the record Coach Franks is an alum of Adamsville High School, class of 94.  Sure some old die hard bobcats are rolling over knowing a former CARDINAL  is calling the shots at MCHS!!!  Wow.....maybe we are making progress in the county. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I meant to reverse the order of that sentence, but really messed it up. I've changed it now.

I think he's the first Central coach from Adamsville in any of the major male sports that I'm aware of.