McNairy

mcnairy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main 2 reasons for failed sports program.

1. Parents trying to run teams. When parents call or confront head coach about playing their kid no matter if they are good or not. Parents that put more money into program are the main ones that get to play.

2. To much influence from a certain 2 or 3 boosters.

I may be wrong but have some kin in area that has said it's been going on for awhile.

If you have to jump coach for your kid to play there is prolly a reason he/she is not playing.

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

Johnny Cox would be great would take no crap is a leader also someone the kids could get behind and he would not buckle to pressures from alumni and other people who try to guide the program to fit their own selfish desires

Johnny Cox would be great would take no crap is a leader also someone the kids could get behind and he would not buckle to pressures from alumni and other people who try to guide the program to fit their own selfish desires

Sounds like the last guy that they hired (from those who knew him best).

In all seriousness...those with the power to have input (legitimate or not) on the manner in which the program is run and/or the personnel on the field need to apply themselves to choosing the best candidate available, and then remove themselves from all decision making regarding football for at least two years. From some friends of mine who have been longtime supporters of MCHS; the program is in dire need of stability...too much "good ole boy" politics going on, and too short of a leash for the coach. Choose the guy that you trust most and let him have total control even if you don't agree with every decision, and he just might surprise everyone...at least if it doesn't work out, no one can be blamed except the coach. There's already the perception out there that whomever is hired will not have total control, but be looking over their shoulder and wondering who approves of the decisions made, and it will be tough to get a well respected coach to apply for such a job.

Rumor has it that Coach Woodmore (A'ville) applied twice previously and was passed over, and turned them down when they came calling this time around. Could just be a rumor, or it could be that the job isn't as attractive as it once was for people "in the know" about how things are handled there.

I sincerely hope that things go well for whomever is hired...there are lots of young, athletic kids coming up from the middle schools for the next few years, and should make an impact...if they can keep them in MCHS colors.

politics are still at play and the good ole boys system is as strong as ever. why, you may ask? because those "in the know" claimed to have known something 3 weeks ago. they were then alerted that either the person they chose would not be received well or they decided the timing wasn't right. lets be honest again, the talent coming from selmer middle is good again but not "great" as in the past. good wont cut it vs Milan, westview, dyersburg etc. it just wont. the last 10 years of mchs football has been nothing but a train wreck and it will continue to be until they let a good coach drive the train instead of daddys and boosters.

Well Franks and Alldridge resigned from football according to my sources. Franks would not be a good hire in my opinion. Look at baseball. Some of best talent in the state and he couldnt even get out of districts. I been saying for years that until parents and bossters are told to stay away they will not win at McNairy. There is talent there and plenty of it. Just need someone that is willing to take it slow and build brick by brick. Get kids in weight room and working hard in offseason. Winning will come but will take time.

Well Franks and Alldridge resigned from football according to my sources. Franks would not be a good hire in my opinion. Look at baseball. Some of best talent in the state and he couldnt even get out of districts. I been saying for years that until parents and bossters are told to stay away they will not win at McNairy. There is talent there and plenty of it. Just need someone that is willing to take it slow and build brick by brick. Get kids in weight room and working hard in offseason. Winning will come but will take time.

I will have to admit for McNairy is that they do play in the toughest district in baseball. HANDS DOWN!!!

Moving on to football, McNairy has to change their offense. Saw some pretty big lineman for the Bobcats and the offense they run is pathetic. If the lineman has size, they need to have a good running back and be a run-heavy offense. I believe the offense dictates how big your lineman is, and how mobile is your QB.

I make this post not trying to be disrespectful but to just give my honest opinion. Milan played McNairy this past year for the first time in a long time. I was very disappointed in what I saw.

I remember teams from the mid and early 90's that were big, strong and had no quit in them. But this McNairy team made lots of mistakes and looked poorly coached. The kids didn't seem to believe in themselves and once the were down they just seemed to rollover and quit. Not the McNairy I remember.

I sincerely hope that the right hire is made and this program can return to the success it once knew for the players.