McNairy

mcnairy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the locker room this year as a matter of fact. Yes, a new field house would be everyones choice, but as bad as you think ours is, many places are far worse off than ours.

Brandon allredge and skylar Crayton are two young assistants that do get after it. The last coach wouldn't allow any help from assistants so they wasn't utilized at all. Hodge wanted to be in full control of everything and seldom would take any other coaches input. Neither are ready to be a head coach, but could be eventually.

And as far as not going down the Browder road again, nah I wouldn't either. Y'all get in your little hiring committees again and find someone to be your puppet and will do this again in a couple years. You can like the guy or not, but he wins football games. Proly not a good fit at Mcnairy if he can win is he??

Just saying positive turn arounds don't happen in

A single year. Negative ones can but positive ones, no. I guess a coach would have to make whatever a coach makes and if the booster club wanted to throw in some cash to entice a bigger name then I guess that could be done. They need a whole new staff, new head, new assistants, everything. Also junior high and pee wee use Aville field and they seem to keep it in great shape. Mc field used to be top notch even with all the traffic. Don't buy the excuses someone doesn't quite know how to care for turf and rightfully so they should be more worried about the team.

Dampeer was not fired because of who he played at quarterback. He was fired for off the field issues.

Joe Gaddis said Hodge was the best assistant in West Tennessee. Gaddis knows a great deal about high school football and Hodge had been on his staff.

You can't guarantee a high school teacher more than one year. This is not college. The biggest problem is a lack of money to pay for a highly sought after head coach.

9oldschool5 I was just meaning to limit the traffic on the playing field until it gets back to where it needs to be. Before it got outa hand, it could handle peewee, jh, and hs games. One year of having to use it for practice and little to no maintenance done a real number on it.

It's amusing to me how one would think our facilities is what needs the most attention. If that's the case we should just hire a lawn service owner and let him coach too!

So did he "resign" because of his antics or his W/L record? 

In a way, yes and no. McNairy has only been a 3 win team for years now. The people in Selmer are starving for a winner on Friday nights so they don't have to hear about the folks just down the street anymore. He was a guy that quit about halfway on the season, threw players under the bus. It was a total distraction. What he said in the article in the paper is about as classless as it gets. His record is what put the icing on the cake. Smart decision by McNairy for understanding that it's not going to work and just move on without him.

Welcome to the T with your canididates. All of them aren't bad options with the exception of McCauley from North Side.

After the JCM debacle, I know McCauley did apply for MC job when he was looking. What I don't know is why he didn't get it! Did MC just go with the other guy or did Coach Mac turn it down for whatever reason. Mac is back at NS where he helped to build the program they have now (he has been there for 10 or 11 yrs, 1 yr stint at Chester), his wife is a counselor there; would probably take a lot to get him away from there! But obviously he was looking to be a head coach or there wouldn't have been a JCM debacle, so who knows. Edited by TheRedMan

After the JCM debacle, I know McCauley did apply for MC job when he was looking. What I don't know is why he didn't get it! Did MC just go with the other guy or did Coach Mac turn it down for whatever reason. Mac is back at NS where he helped to build the program they have now (he has been there for 10 or 11 yrs, 1 yr stint at Chester), his wife is a counselor there; would probably take a lot to get him away from there! But obviously he was looking to be a head coach or there wouldn't have been a JCM debacle, so who knows.

I don't think Vowell would let him get away again.However, I think he will be at the top of the list.

I don't think Vowell would let him get away again.However, I think he will be at the top of the list.

Yea I would think he would be at the top of somebody's list. He has been successful everywhere he has been. His first job was at TCA as OC when Hodum became the head coach there. I may be wrong but when they got there, I don't think TCA had ever won a district game or had a winning season. They took them to the playoffs their first year and made the quarters like 2 or 3 years later. You also have to take into account that he has been a head coach. He was a head baseball coach for 8 years. Played baseball for UT. Edited by TheRedMan

So what's usually the normal time frame a school shoots for when hiring a coach? Especially since the lack of direction over the last couple years, wouldn't you think.....if you was hoping for a good find, that time was of the essence right now? With several vacancies in the area, and schools jockeying for the best they can find, wouldn't it make since not to just sit around and wait on someone to fall from the heavens and show at least a little urgency? Just wondering......

Yea I would think he would be at the top of somebody's list. He has been successful everywhere he has been. His first job was at TCA as OC when Hodum became the head coach there. I may be wrong but when they got there, I don't think TCA had ever won a district game or had a winning season. They took them to the playoffs their first year and made the quarters like 2 or 3 years later. You also have to take into account that he has been a head coach. He was a head baseball coach for 8 years. Played baseball for UT.

Thank you for mentioning McCauley and UT baseball. I was wondering why he didn't get the baseball coaching job at North Side? I know he used to be the head baseball coach and he did a pretty good job. Chris Clark came in and did a pathetic job. Kind of like Mark Richt, more worried about the players future instead of winning. He was a character coach. A lot of guys played there and had some talent to play at the next level and they didn't. They didn't hire McCauley (I don't know if he apply for the job) or Adam Yates (played at NS a few years and at Ole Miss, current Lexington assistant coach). I know this is a topic about McNairy football, but I'm curious if you're close to NS baseball, why did they hire Coach Maxwell and not Coach Mac or Adam Yates.