McNairy

mcnairy

Good list. Craig isn't leaving NW Tennessee, and MCHS can't afford him. Actually, most of those guys would take substantial pay cuts to take on more headaches. Jones is an interesting choice, but don't think the locals would let that happen.

Don't know if he would leave but I know he didn't make very much at South Side or Humboldt. Probably not at Ripley either.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really none of my business as I am not from McNairy,but I would be glad to see the previous coach gone. If I was the AD I would've fired him anyway. I am not a coach but I do know you teach your kids to never give up and you sure don;t give up on them. The stunt he pulled at the Liberty game on Senior night no less just proved what kind of coach he actually is. I know I wouldn't want him coaching my kid or my team. Hope he never gets another coaching job.

I agree 100% and if his future was still in limbo, that was the final nail. A large amount of people were upset about that. I don't care who you play, you go out and play or coach to win. If you don't coach like you believe in your kids, then how are you going to jump on them for how they played.

Coach Allen from Westview would be the best hire. He has learned from one of the best in West Tennessee. Hes a family man and works hard. Kinda guy the community would rally behind and players love him. Just should be allowed to budget in some good assistants and McNairy would turn program around in 2-3 years. Hodge is a good assistant but should never had the keys to the bus. Most saw a train wreck coming when he was announced as Coach. Especially a rebuilding process.

Coach Allen from Westview would be the best hire. He has learned from one of the best in West Tennessee. Hes a family man and works hard. Kinda guy the community would rally behind and players love him. Just should be allowed to budget in some good assistants and McNairy would turn program around in 2-3 years. Hodge is a good assistant but should never had the keys to the bus. Most saw a train wreck coming when he was announced as Coach. Especially a rebuilding process.

Rumors are swirling around that the Westview coach (I can't believe that I forgot his name) to retire after 25 years at the school. If Coach Allen is good, would you expect him to stay home and be the head coach if the Chargers head coach retires?

Rumors are swirling around that the Westview coach (I can't believe that I forgot his name) to retire after 25 years at the school. If Coach Allen is good, would you expect him to stay home and be the head coach if the Chargers head coach retires?

What Ive been told is Coady is going to retire and sked administration to hire the other assistant Coach Cantrell. I heard that Westview going to pursue Coach Ward heavy? Coach Allen wife I believe is from Adamsville. He went to school at Humboldt.

Dampeer was not fired because of who he played at quarterback. He was fired for off the field issues.

Joe Gaddis said Hodge was the best assistant in West Tennessee. Gaddis knows a great deal about high school football and Hodge had been on his staff.

You can't guarantee a high school teacher more than one year. This is not college. The biggest problem is a lack of money to pay for a highly sought after head coach.

Hope u guys get it turned around...our region isn't going to be much help...so many strong teams

Ws will not come quickly, but you can judge by the competitive nature of the games...maybe by the next reclassification McNairy football will be ready to roll

I was pretty curious about the Liberty game as well...but with the hour drive home and possible storm I certainly didn't mind...

They situation with MCHS football isn't any different than other situations you are seeing across west TN in regards to coaches stepping away.  The expectations of parents are way out of focus and expectations to the level which programs can compete consistently is largely exaggerated and unrealistic.  McNairy County has little to offer as to the recruitment of great coaches and all facility improvements will have to come from private donations because of the tax situation in the county.  I know there were some educational cuts last year and more are being discussed now the ability to look for outside help to fix the problem could be limited.  MCHS needs to self examine and determine if there is someone "in house" that has the athletes respect and feel a sense of confidence in, has a proven record in motivating athletes and begin the rebuilding process. I know bringing up the idea of following the blueprint that Adamsville  laid out with the hiring of Brandon Gray would ruffle the fur of Bobcat fans but if it produced the same results that decision would be praised in due time.  Just a thought. 

Parents and fans were spoiled by the Tommy Browder era until winning 8 games and making the playoffs every year wasn't enough anymore. Browder was forced out it's been all down hill since. Not all coaches can produce those type results every year.

Our facilities are headed in the right direction now. Our playing field will be back in much better condition in the next year or so. Keeping the Pee-Wee and Junior High off of it would help greatly.

As far as the amount of money we have to offer......money wasn't an issue when our program was winning!

There is nobody in house to give job to. However, we do have a couple young assistants that get after it and work there butts off.

Finally......question for you......how long after Gray was hired before Aville started winning? Not enough patience around here for that one.

Solution- for the ones that ran him off, swallow that pride, bring Browder back. Problems solved!

Edited by Inmyownwords