McNairy

mcnairy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9oldschool5 I was just meaning to limit the traffic on the playing field until it gets back to where it needs to be. Before it got outa hand, it could handle peewee, jh, and hs games. One year of having to use it for practice and little to no maintenance done a real number on it.

It's amusing to me how one would think our facilities is what needs the most attention. If that's the case we should just hire a lawn service owner and let him coach too!

True, wouldn't hurt to hire someone like "true green" or "lawn dr" to help get it back in shape for a year come spring time. They do a good job but don't really apply enough fertilize or ammonia. The most important thing I think is it needs top dressing with sand to fill in and level where it was patched. One good growing season of attention can get it back where it needs to be. Chester co. Field is impressive looks like artificial turf.

I'd have to put Woodmore at the top of the list...he might not be interested in the job, but he'd have to tell me that he wasn't if I were the Director of Schools or Principal at McNairy. Woodmore has ties to two of the most successful programs in the state while he was there, and already has knowledge of the young talent in the area.

I'd have to put Woodmore at the top of the list...he might not be interested in the job, but he'd have to tell me that he wasn't if I were the Director of Schools or Principal at McNairy. Woodmore has ties to two of the most successful programs in the state while he was there, and already has knowledge of the young talent in the area.

I'm all for doing whatever it takes, but it wouldn't be proper for either of those guys to call Woodmore and ask him that. Both schools are in the same system, and that just wouldn't seem proper, but that's just my opinion.

I'm all for doing whatever it takes, but it wouldn't be proper for either of those guys to call Woodmore and ask him that. Both schools are in the same system, and that just wouldn't seem proper, but that's just my opinion.

Maybe not for the principal, but the Director runs the entire school system...if an assistant at one of "his" programs was a good fit to run the other? I do see your point, however it's not like worse has never been done. In most instances a good head coach will help a valued assistant if he/she has aspirations of becoming a HC someplace...then again, there's some lines there that would have to be crossed.