Milan @ Liberty RD 3

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

dress rehearsal for the titans???

no doubt one of us will continue to play another week...the other wont...it is what it is

not trying to disrespect anything about the bulldogs...but you and i know their offense has to improve or its gona be another long night

i have no issues with anyone takin Milan bc its November

I agree 100% about the offense.

Liberty is more like a city school - just what is here and now. They can go deep in the playoffs one year and 1-9 the next. How many coaches have been at Liberty since it has been a school? How many principals? Tradition - very few city schools have it. Small towns have it. Small towns like Milan, Huntingdon, and others have it. The players' grandfathers might have played on the team, their fathers played on the team, etc. And sometimes that matters deep in the playoffs. If you don't understand that, you don't understand high school football.

Hookfin did a good job at Liberty. The guy they have now will keep them playing at a very high level. He is very good.

Liberty is more like a city school - just what is here and now. They can go deep in the playoffs one year and 1-9 the next. How many coaches have been at Liberty since it has been a school? How many principals? Tradition - very few city schools have it. Small towns have it. Small towns like Milan, Huntingdon, and others have it. The players' grandfathers might have played on the team, their fathers played on the team, etc. And sometimes that matters deep in the playoffs. If you don't understand that, you don't understand high school football. 

I strongly disagree with what you are saying. Coach Turner and Steve Hookfin will not make a team go from 10-13 wins to only 1 win. Liberty and North Side are programs in Jackson. TCA is a team. What's the difference between a program and a team? Consistency. Go ahead and put North Side and Liberty down for 8+ wins in 2016, it's now a guarantee. I don't know what to expect from Trinity because Andrew Goldsmith is their team (I can careless what the TCA people says) and he has very few supporters. I'm worried about Trinity in 2016. They went from  10+ wins in 2013 and 2014 to seeing if Goldsmith can carry the Lions on Friday against McKenzie. I don't think the tradition is a big deal because Liberty and North Side was a "nobody" before Coach Hookin and Vowell took place. Both Coach Turner and Vowell are too good of coaches to let that ruin their programs.

I only know of 2 football coaches...Robertson and Hookfin

Only know of 2 principals...dr Murray and mr Reynolds

I've been with Liberty since 2006

2-8 in 06 and 07...robertsons last year and hookfins 1st...

You have us confused with Jcm

We have no control over the school board and superintendent decisions

They have singlehandedly destroyed Jackson sports and education

On a different note.... wanted to ask your opinion on something dhs. How does this Liberty team compare to other Liberty teams in the schools brief history. I know the semi final team you guys had in 2009 (I believe) that lost to Giles county was probably your best. How does this compare. I know this is not one of our better teams in Milan but just wanted to know your thoughts.

09...still the best team...but 2015 isn't finished yet...offense was a lil better in 09 due to an incredible Oline and Bryson crowder rb and spencer brooks at qb...defense was around 12-14 ppg

Believe we are more balanced now on O...better wideouts anyway...less mistakes...either the D is better or the teams we play are all down...

2012 we were all D...many of those boys went on to play college ball...just destroyed anyone who made it to the 2nd level...just hand it off to Courtney bush and laugh at everyone try to tackle him...we lacked a strong qb presence tho...

Really we've had athletes at qb...but we haven't had a true one since Brooks until now...Newble makes fantastic reads and great throws...hard to get a qb that can do both these days

2015 could be the best team we've put on the field...gona take a few more games to find out

And then there's this whole 2016 crew..oh my

I would also contend that the 2014 team wrecked everyone that didn't give scholarships...they were incredible...just no self control...and it cost us

Dburg is the only public to beat us in 2 years

I agree. Liberty is very good this year but I think last years team was better talent wise. I saw them play Henry County and Dyersburg last year. The Dyersburg game last year is the reason you better be ready every week in the playoffs. A well coached team will sneak up and get you.

I strongly disagree with what you are saying. Coach Turner and Steve Hookfin will not make a team go from 10-13 wins to only 1 win. Liberty and North Side are programs in Jackson. TCA is a team. What's the difference between a program and a team? Consistency. Go ahead and put North Side and Liberty down for 8+ wins in 2016, it's now a guarantee. I don't know what to expect from Trinity because Andrew Goldsmith is their team (I can careless what the TCA people says) and he has very few supporters. I'm worried about Trinity in 2016. They went from 10+ wins in 2013 and 2014 to seeing if Goldsmith can carry the Lions on Friday against McKenzie. I don't think the tradition is a big deal because Liberty and North Side was a "nobody" before Coach Hookin and Vowell took place. Both Coach Turner and Vowell are too good of coaches to let that ruin their programs.

I got on this thread to give a shout out to Liberty for a great year and wish them the best in pursuing the Gold. I'm pulling for them and I think they can do it. I haven't seen them since the jamboree but man did they look great then. Athletes everywhere at every position. I think Liberty and Alcoa would be an epic matchup! Good luck DHStennis we are pulling for you.

Now to address TennVol(who doesn't care what we think). TCA has a program and a team. In 2010 we were state runner up, 2011 we were 3-7 with mostly freshmen playing. 2012 wee made it to 2nd round with freshmen and Sophs and was beaten by a great Dresden team and finished 7-5. In 2013 and 2014 we were 11-2 and 9-2 going to semis and losing to state champion in 2nd round last year. We have a strong shot at making semis this year. That's a PROGRAM! We will be down next year but in 2017 and 2018 look out. Small programs usually have one down year ever so often to rebuild.

Now, to this year's team. We beat a stout Adamsville team Friday night and had 5 players in addition to Goldamith that made huge plays that impacted the game. I've watched every single minute of every game and we ARE not a one man team. You obviously haven't seen us play very often. We would be very average without Goldsmith but we would be very average if you left him out there without those other 5 key players. Are we a program as good and consistent as Liberty? Heck no. Never will be. They just reload and I'm proud to say I support them. If we both were fortunate to make it to the finals I will go up a day early and watch Liberty and cheer them on. Why TCA was brought up on this thread I don't know. We are a really good 2A team and no way do we think we could even begin to compete with Liberty. Bring home the GOLD Crusaders!

I got on this thread to give a shout out to Liberty for a great year and wish them the best in pursuing the Gold. I'm pulling for them and I think they can do it. I haven't seen them since the jamboree but man did they look great then. Athletes everywhere at every position. I think Liberty and Alcoa would be an epic matchup! Good luck DHStennis we are pulling for you.

Now to address TennVol(who doesn't care what we think). TCA has a program and a team. In 2010 we were state runner up, 2011 we were 3-7 with mostly freshmen playing. 2012 wee made it to 2nd round with freshmen and Sophs and was beaten by a great Dresden team and finished 7-5. In 2013 and 2014 we were 11-2 and 9-2 going to semis and losing to state champion in 2nd round last year. We have a strong shot at making semis this year. That's a PROGRAM! We will be down next year but in 2017 and 2018 look out. Small programs usually have one down year ever so often to rebuild.

Now, to this year's team. We beat a stout Adamsville team Friday night and had 5 players in addition to Goldamith that made huge plays that impacted the game. I've watched every single minute of every game and we ARE not a one man team. You obviously haven't seen us play very often. We would be very average without Goldsmith but we would be very average if you left him out there without those other 5 key players. Are we a program as good and consistent as Liberty? Heck no. Never will be. They just reload and I'm proud to say I support them. If we both were fortunate to make it to the finals I will go up a day early and watch Liberty and cheer them on. Why TCA was brought up on this thread I don't know. We are a really good 2A team and no way do we think we could even begin to compete with Liberty. Bring home the GOLD Crusaders!

The reason why Trinity was brought up in the thread was because somebody said Liberty is a city school that'll go from 10-13 wins one year and go 1-9 the next season. I disagree with him for obvious reasons. Trinity is still a team, a good team!Building a team that plays mostly freshman and sophomores, you'll obviously will get good results when they turn juniors and seniors. Trinity Christian 2016 Football will be a critical year, MARK MY WORDS!!! It irritates me when people say a high school team is in rebuilding mode (you're not the only one), they only have 4 years to play. This isn't the pros.

A perfect way to describe TCA is a roller coaster ride that is about to go down and back up again!

TCAIntense this is what I'm saying. I'm going to use North Side as an example.

2008 North Side went 2-8 (Pat Massey's last season as the head coach)

2009 North Side went 7-4 (Tab Vowell's first season as the head coach)

2010 North Side went 12-1

2011 North Side went 2-8 (Injury prone year. Very few Seniors a lot of Juniors)

2012 North Side went 13-1 (Craig and company senior year. Lost to Jalen Hurd and Beech)

2013 North Side went 9-3 

2014 North Side went 10-2

2015 North Side went 9-3