Columbia Academy @ South Pittsburg for 3rd Round

rlh

I do want to say this before the game starts in a bit.... The Pirates have had a good year so far after the debacle from last year. Organization goes a long, long ways. Coach Grider and his staff have really worked hard with this group of young men and they have improved the whole season! This Pirate team will lose only 2 after this year and will only be better and more dangerous in the following years. Signing off with this, in our area we are blessed to have two very good small town football communities! Ross has brought Jasper back to playing good ball. SP is coming on strong again after last years mishap. We all need to stop and be thankful that we have seen great games and talent march through our area in Marion County. I have watched the Pirates play 7 state championship games in person. Some schools won't have 7 state appearances ever! Whoever you support, get behind them and back them and let them know how much you support them! Go Pirates!

Edited by powerp

I do want to say this before the game starts in a bit.... The Pirates have had a good year so far after the debacle from last year. Organization goes a long, long ways. Coach Grider and his staff have really worked hard with this group of young men and they have improved the whole season! This Pirate team will lose only 2 after this year and will only be better and more dangerous in the following years. Signing off with this, in our area we are blessed to have two very good small town football communities! Ross has brought Jasper back to playing good ball. SP is coming on strong again after last years mishap. We all need to stop and be thankful that we have seen great games and talent march through our area in Marion County. I have watched the Pirates play 7 state championship games in person. Some schools won't have 7 state appearances ever! Whoever you support, get behind them and back them and let them know how much you support them! Go Pirates!

Great post

Based on how both teams play I can't see any way CA would lose this one. Both teams have very good offenses and are very good at running. Both defenses will be able to stop each other's offenses, but both teams will probably put up 20 or points off of run plays. CA has SP beat though in passing situations, which is what I see CA doing a lot tonight. I simply don't think that SP will be able to stop CA's #1. He is simply a beast on the field and will be near impossible to stop him. Unless CA's quarterback can't connect with #1 tonight, CA will win, hands down

Don't be surprised if one of those C.A. ducks goes the other way for a score.