Springfield @ Pearl-Cohn 4A Quarterfinals

LEON

I am really surprised by how little respect who have gotten this year. We have only been beaten by one 4-A team this year and are in the third round of the playoffs. Not too bad of a year so far.

I think it's a little bit more about where you at and who you play in 4a. I'm at work and will explain later Edited by FBfan26

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really surprised by how little respect who have gotten this year. We have only been beaten by one 4-A team this year and are in the third round of the playoffs. Not too bad of a year so far.

We keep winning year in and year out and the respect will come. This PROGRAM is on the rise and should consistently achieve playoff success with the foundation that is being laid. The only thing that could put a damper on things somewhat is how the rezoning affects us next year. We never made a lot of noise in 5A the last few years, but I would guarantee that people in Gallatin and Parid have a ton of respect for Springfield. We now have to earn it in 4A because no one is familiar with Springfield in this class. I bet Kenwood has some respect for Springfield after this season.

I could really care less what people outside of Springfield think about the Jackets. The fans like us that support the team know what we have and the size of the away crowds we bring on the road backs that up.

We keep winning year in and year out and the respect will come. This PROGRAM is on the rise and should consistently achieve playoff success with the foundation that is being laid. The only thing that could put a damper on things somewhat is how the rezoning affects us next year. We never made a lot of noise in 5A the last few years, but I would guarantee that people in Gallatin and Parid have a ton of respect for Springfield. We now have to earn it in 4A because no one is familiar with Springfield in this class. I bet Kenwood has some respect for Springfield after this season.

I could really care less what people outside of Springfield think about the Jackets. The fans like us that support the team know what we have and the size of the away crowds we bring on the road backs that up.

Ok....You made so great points that i was about to say. Your a somewhat small town school and didn't make to much noise is 5a because of the Rutherford County Schools and the big 5 a schools out east and west. You guys come to 4a this year and i think you guys are okay but not in the top 10. You will have to make some noise constantly. Your not that far from Nashville so i was schedule a private school and drop kenwood. As long as you complete you will be taken seriously . Another point you guys are in Middle Tennessee with us and they feel like east and west reign supreme so we have to do it harder and bigger... Edited by FBfan26

How did SF lose to Clarkesville? I know on paper SF got the forfeit but the actual game SF loss.

We led the whole game. Clarksville got the ball late, converted a 4th and 8 and were just past midfield with about 30 seconds to go. They threw a halfback pass for a TD that won it for them. The receiver that caught the pass I think was the player that was later ruled ineligible.

Game day!! Looking forward to a great game tonight with hopefully no injuries for either team. The Jackets will be ready and I know the Firebirds will be too. Let's rock!!

Safe travels to the sf faithful again...

Lace up the cleats and buckle up the helmets it's game day and the third round of the playoffs.  the jackets are coming to the house.   let's both leave it all on the field with fair play and no injuries for either team.  let's do this thing one more time