Alcoa vs 6A. 2nd best team in the state?

32hammer

I think it was said earlier, but teams who play each other every year is different than team who see each other once every couple of years. You honestly think that if Maryville plays Blackman or Oakland or Ravenwood every year for the past ten years, that they would not have some losses to those teams?

It makes a difference when you are familiar with a team.

I also know for a fact that Hoover (Al) has tried to schedule Maryville a few time over the last 6-7 years, but for whatever reason it didn't work. That is a game I would like to see.

Maryville has been so dominant locally, I wonder why the won't play the big teams from Ga, Al, and Fl, like those other states do. Would be a great gate and probably on ESPN.

I agree with everything you said. You can't really compare rivals who play each other every year to teams that play every blue moon. Apples to oranges.

If we are talking top programs regardless of classification and just based on how many gold balls they bring back every year. No area has better tradition then Knox/Blount County with Maryville, Fulton, Alcoa, and Webb. And Id completely agree with your point there. But saying they'd (alcoa) beat almost every other team in other classifications every year is a stretch. Top 15 program every year? Yes. Top 5? No not every year.

I wish Maryville would play even one of the top privates in tenneasee every year. The top privates all play out of state and usually do pretty well.

Edited by Spartan4Life

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everything you said. You can't really compare rivals who play each other every year to teams that play every blue moon. Apples to oranges.

If we are talking top programs regardless of classification and just based on how many gold balls they bring back every year. No area has better tradition then Knox/Blount County with Maryville, Fulton, Alcoa, and Webb. And Id completely agree with your point there. But saying they'd (alcoa) beat almost every other team in other classifications every year is a stretch. Top 15 program every year? Yes. Top 5? No not every year.

I wish Maryville would play even one of the top privates in tenneasee every year. The top privates all play out of state and usually do pretty well.

Yes, I wish everyone would play at least a game or two outside of their region. When I say region I mean East, Middle, and West TN and not just their football region. There is hardly any connectivity across the state, but it would make my rankings even more accurate than they already are.

Just because you played MHS makes you special ?

Scores don't mean anything in rankings

Look at Indy and what they did to Centennial 49-6 this year , perhaps CHS just had bad game and Indy played flawless ?

Heck throw in BA and MBA while your at it

It makes no difference until you play an out of state powerhouse.

I think it was said earlier, but teams who play each other every year is different than team who see each other once every couple of years. You honestly think that if Maryville plays Blackman or Oakland or Ravenwood every year for the past ten years, that they would not have some losses to those teams?

It makes a difference when you are familiar with a team.

I also know for a fact that Hoover (Al) has tried to schedule

Maryville a few time over the last 6-7 years, but for

whatever reason it didn't work. That is a game I would like to see.

Maryville has been so dominant locally, I wonder why the won't play the big teams from Ga, Al, and Fl, like those other states do. Would be a great gate and probably on ESPN.

Are you Hoovers AD?

2 can play this game  S4L .... It's Hilarious that you get on here and say you wish Maryville would play one of the Top Privates every year ... Plus it's funny how these threads always head in the Direction that Maryville or Alcoa is " SKEERED " to play so and so ... anything to diminish these young men's accomplishments ... That a Webb fan is here pushing this agenda is absolutely hypocritical . Why Doesn't WEBB play those Top Privates there S4L ?? Webb plays in the tiny school division of the Privates while actually having as many students or more than BA , MBA & Ensworth ... but Maryville is the one you think has something to Prove against the top Privates ... Maybe I'll start a new thread Titled " Why doesn't Webb Play the Private Schools that are more their size ? "   Well you don't have to worry about me doing that because I don't like trying to belittle or diminish high school Kid's accomplishments .

Hey Jokrswylde  ... I know for a Fact that you are full of Crap .... see how that works ? On a message Board you can say anything you want and Claim it to be a Fact because you're anonymous ... in other words I can Claim anything I want to and Call it a Fact ... Why don't you tell us who you are and state your Sources if you want to start Claiming Facts ? 

2 can play this game  S4L .... It's Hilarious that you get on here and say you wish Maryville would play one of the Top Privates every year ... Plus it's funny how these threads always head in the Direction that Maryville or Alcoa is " SKEERED " to play so and so ... anything to diminish these young men's accomplishments ... That a Webb fan is here pushing this agenda is absolutely hypocritical . Why Doesn't WEBB play those Top Privates there S4L ?? Webb plays in the tiny school division of the Privates while actually having as many students or more than BA , MBA & Ensworth ... but Maryville is the one you think has something to Prove against the top Privates ... Maybe I'll start a new thread Titled " Why doesn't Webb Play the Private Schools that are more their size ? "   Well you don't have to worry about me doing that because I don't like trying to belittle or diminish high school Kid's accomplishments .

Hey Jokrswylde  ... I know for a Fact that you are full of Crap .... see how that works ? On a message Board you can say anything you want and Claim it to be a Fact because you're anonymous ... in other words I can Claim anything I want to and Call it a Fact ... Why don't you tell us who you are and state your Sources if you want to start Claiming Facts ? 

If Webb can't beat Alcoa or Maryville Why would they want to play Ensworth? That Div 1 and 2 State championship stuff is a joke.

2 can play this game S4L .... It's Hilarious that you get on here and say you wish Maryville would play one of the Top Privates every year ... Plus it's funny how these threads always head in the Direction that Maryville or Alcoa is " SKEERED " to play so and so ... anything to diminish these young men's accomplishments ... That a Webb fan is here pushing this agenda is absolutely hypocritical . Why Doesn't WEBB play those Top Privates there S4L ?? Webb plays in the tiny school division of the Privates while actually having as many students or more than BA , MBA & Ensworth ... but Maryville is the one you think has something to Prove against the top Privates ... Maybe I'll start a new thread Titled " Why doesn't Webb Play the Private Schools that are more their size ? " Well you don't have to worry about me doing that because I don't like trying to belittle or diminish high school Kid's accomplishments .

Hey Jokrswylde ... I know for a Fact that you are full of Crap .... see how that works ? On a message Board you can say anything you want and Claim it to be a Fact because you're anonymous ... in other words I can Claim anything I want to and Call it a Fact ... Why don't you tell us who you are and state your Sources if you want to start Claiming Facts ?

Wow you're a little sensitive aren't you sweetheart? Never once did I put down Maryville or alcoa or say they are scared to play. I simply said I wished they did. Wow I guess it's that time of the month or something. I'll excuse your hormones.

Webb does occasionally play the big privates. Baylor the past two years. Ensworth before that. Webb is not as good as Maryville...period. So I simply would like to see the best of the privates play the best of the publics. I never said anyone was scared. If the shoe fits wear it. I don't know why they aren't playing I just wished they did. Geez...You need to relax sugarpuff.

Edited by Spartan4Life

Easy there, Scooter. I never once said anything negative about Maryville. I think they are one of the great programs in the southeast. All I said was that Hoover tried to schedule Maryville a couple times and it did not work out for whatever reason.

One year (05 or '06) Hoover was trying to organize a Champion's Challenge to be played at Legion field (similar to what went down at MTSU this year) The Hoover coach at the time was interested in Maryville, but they did not have an opening on their schedule. The whole idea was ultimately moved to Montgomery and North Gwinnett, Ga filled the slot.

From that there were talks about doing a home and home, but the schedules never coordinated. Both schools have had tremendous success, and I never implied that Maryville was scared of anyone.

Don't get so butthurt little fella

Easy there, Scooter. I never once said anything negative about Maryville. I think they are one of the great programs in the southeast. All I said was that Hoover tried to schedule Maryville a couple times and it did not work out for whatever reason.

One year (05 or '06) Hoover was trying to organize a Champion's Challenge to be played at Legion field (similar to what went down at MTSU this year) The Hoover coach at the time was interested in Maryville, but they did not have an opening on their schedule. The whole idea was ultimately moved to Montgomery and North Gwinnett, Ga filled the slot.

From that there were talks about doing a home and home, but the schedules never coordinated. Both schools have had tremendous success, and I never implied that Maryville was scared of anyone.

He's had a tough day im guessing. Let's just let him cool off. Maryville winning tonight should help him have a better attitude....

He's had a tough day im guessing. Let's just let him cool off. Maryville winning tonight should help him have a better attitude....

Maryville chose to play up ... your school didn't ... Maryville owes nothing to the Private Schools , it wasn't Maryville who separated the Public and Private . I watched you go on and on about how great Webb was on the Oak Ridge thread ... back up your big talk and play in a higher Division ... just like Maryville does . It's ok to put a microscope on Maryville , but not Webb ? 

One year .... at Band Camp ....