Alcoa vs 6A. 2nd best team in the state?

32hammer

This Independence team would give any team in the state all that they wanted..

Please go watch film on Brentwood Academy and look at the caliber athletes they have before making rash inaccurate statements. BA has more athletes and size then anyone in the state.

I also don't see them beating Maryville, MBA, or Baylor. Top 5? Yes. Best in the state? No.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Yall independence would not beat maryville or any of the top 4 teams from d2... They have never seen the skill that those teams have overall as a team... I'll even venture to say that they might not even beat Whitehaven with all of their athletes that they have.. I'm not saying they are not a solid team, but #1 in the state idk about that

You never seen them play ( Indy )

They remind me of Siegal team a few years back when they had Stockstill at QB but with a much better defense then they had ....

Whitehaven didn't even dominate MJ

Indy has 3 D1 recruits so they do have athletes no not on par with BA - MHS never has near the athletes when they play a Oakland or BHS but we all know whom has the full trophy case , the boys of MHS

Alcoa should probably forget about the hypothetical Super Bowl and concern themselves with winning their own class. You have to win them on the field. Last year should have taught you that.

but just for grins and giggles,  BA wipes the floor with them with 325 students in the high school. Go watch them.

Hillsboro beats Indy this Friday night, Book It!!!

Alcoa is better than what some on this board give them credit for, maybe not second best in state but they are top ten.

Anything can happen and can

But what makes you think Boro wins ?

I know they have been clicking and hope Indy strikes fast to turn then Into the Boro team that has shown up at times

Hillsboro beats Indy this Friday night, Book It!!!

Alcoa is better than what some on this board give them credit for, maybe not second best in state but they are top ten.

In no particular order using the end of the regular season AP poll standings:

6A:

1. Maryville 10-0

2. Oakland   9-1

3. Whitehaven 9-1

4. Ravenwood 9-1

5. Blackman 8-2

6. White Station 7-3

5A:

1. Independence (13) 10-0

2. Hendersonville 9-1

3. Oak Ridge 9-1

4. Farragut 9-1

5. Sevier County 8-2

6. Morristown West 8-2

7. Centennial 9-1

D-II

1. Brentwood Aca. 9-1

2. MBA 9-1

3. Baylor 8-2

4. CBHS 8-2

Personally, my top ten would come out of this group of teams. Alcoa, wouldn't make my top 10 ... but that's just me. I can possibly see them in the top 20 however.

Edited by kwc

My top 10

1. BA

2. MBA

3. Maryville

4. Indy

5. Baylor

6. Oakland

7. Blackman

8. White haven

9. Alcoa

10. Christian Brothers

Others to be determined.

Not bad. Id change the order a little though.

1. Brentwood Academy

2. Maryville

3. MBA

4. Independence

5. Oakland

6. Baylor

7. WhiteHaven

8. Blackman

9. Alcoa

10. Christian Brothers

You never seen them play ( Indy )

They remind me of Siegal team a few years back when they had Stockstill at QB but with a much better defense then they had ....

Whitehaven didn't even dominate MJ

Indy has 3 D1 recruits so they do have athletes no not on par with BA - MHS never has near the athletes when they play a Oakland or BHS but we all know whom has the full trophy case , the boys of MHS

and what happened to that siegel team in the semi's? they lost to better coached and talented team in maryville