Columbia Academy @ Greenback

orngnblk

I checked out the school website, $8,000ish per year after fees is a hard sell on the "poor line".

It is... Thats why Maury Co. Has 6 Public High Schools, let alone all the Public MS & Elementaries....

I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I'd say CA doesn't set their tuition rates by the scale of rich/middle class/poor, but rather by how much it takes to actually run the school. :thumb:

:popcorneater:

It is... Thats why Maury Co. Has 6 Public High Schools, let alone all the Public MS & Elementaries....

I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I'd say CA doesn't set their tuition rates by the scale of rich/middle class/poor, but rather by how much it takes to actually run the school. :thumb

Finally someone understands

Edited by CABulldaws123

Any of you SP guys care to share how tall were your corners and safetys this year?

probably 5'9 or 5'10 not very tall but trust me CA's #1 can catch anything thrown his way he is a very good probably the best I've seen at the 1a 2a level I watched a lot of film before the sp game and I knew he was good but in person he was much better! With that being said I do think he's stoppable but it gonna take getting pressure on the qb and a db that's at least 6'1 6'2 you may wanna bring the safety over too lol Ca line stays fresh the whole game they sub about all there line and theyre all good they have a very good team

We felt like we should have had another gold that season as well. Trousdale beat us 13-6 in the quarterfinals on The Creekbank. It was about 10 degrees and was the coldest I've ever been in my life. That game ended our 27 game winning streak. It was a tough night. We lead 7-6 and Trousdale drove the field at the end of the game to beat us.

SP receivers drops possible game winner. TC gets away with illegal motion as wingback leaves early on game winning score. Kudos to Gordonsville fans for sharing heater with my boys. It was freezing COLD! Yea, we travel all over the state to watch big time games. We love hs football. Pujo was with us that night too.

I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I'd say CA doesn't set their tuition rates by the scale of rich/middle class/poor, but rather by how much it takes to actually run the school. :thumb:

Oh, I'm sure you are correct. Problem is in truly "poor" areas no one can afford to pay "how much it takes to actually run a school". If the money isn't there how is the tuition being paid? I'm not insinuating any wrong doing at all, just curious how a poor community can have an $8k per kid per year school? :thumb::popcorneater: Edited by crow

Well apparently CA contacted TSSAA to request having our game moved to TN Tech. Too long a drive, no close hotels, GB facilities not up to their liking and they want no GB visitors on their sideline. TSSAA big no unless GB wanted to accommodate. Our admin said no. So if CA wants to play at TN Tech they will have to go through G Nation!

I heard one or two parents did, but I'm sure no one with admin or coaching did. I don't feel that way.  It's all about the boys, not us.  I look forward to coming to GB.  I've never been there before. I know the place will be electric and of course has a storied program.  It is great to go to all these different high school venues. I love history, and here's a little for the CA travelers from Wikipedia (for lack of a better/quicker source).  

In 1876, Lorenzo Thompson established Thompson's Stand, a general store located a few miles east of modern Greenback. In 1882, Thompson applied for federal post office. He initially hoped to use the name "Thompson's Station," but the name was already in use. After several other names were rejected, Thompson settled on "Greenback," a name inspired by the local Greenback Party politician, Jonathan Tipton.

I wonder if it was the same Thompson's Station in Williamson Co that was already taken?

About 6 foot 3. Runs a 4.7, senior, he hasn't gotten many offers yet that I know of but there are a lot of big teams looking at him. And yes he is a mr football finalist

Semifinalist...didn't make the finalist cut; that went to Rice-WC and Winn-Dresden, but a good argument can certainly be made that he should've.  He won't care if he can get a gold ball instead.