Columbia Academy @ Greenback

orngnblk

You folks sure don't know Maury Co. and Columbia, Tn...

We Are Not Williamson and Davidson Co.'s... The poor line starts on the South side of Spring Hill. The rest of Maury Co. is as poor/redneck as it comes, with some middle class scattered amongst. Dual exhaust pickups everywhere here, nothing new, but will be smiled at as "cool"😎.

We have seen it all and I'm sure you all have to.If "our" folks on your side will act like humans it will be a top 5 experience for you all. Edited by orngnblk

We are not getting much love in this one.I hope the grueling schedule we played against some very good offensive and defensive lines will help us be prepared for CA.We haven't seen a great passing team this he but have done pretty good on D regardless.I hope we can keep it close and give ourselves a chance in the second half we have really came alive in the last two quarters all yr.Have a good week of practice boys and don't hold anything back this will be the last game for one of us!

I believe from a physical standpoint Greenback can match up well. Again, I see Thompson as the difference in this game. 1A football doesn't see receivers like him very often. Against SP he would beat double coverage and go up and catch the ball to move the chains. There is a reason he's a Mr. Football finalist. Greenback not having their beast DT is going to hurt as well.

I don't understand why on third and long he's not double teamed at the line of scrimmage? They have other play makers sure but on 3rd and long they chunk it up to him every time? Make them go another route! Double coverage him at the line and force him back preventing him from getting downfield will allow a good defense to get in the backfield. You can't play off the line on this guy and let him get downfield. Too talented and too tall . He's going to beat you if he gets downfield- at least make him fight for it! I would put two on him at the line of scrimmage not five yards off the ball - he may may still get downfield and make the play but he wouldn't just be running by like he does when he is one on one and playing five yards off the line of scrimmage. Not disrespect to the rest of CA but shut down #1 and your odds of winning are greatly increased. 3rd down and long he's getting it or he's lining up behind center and keeping it. Good luck to both teams and congrats! This week will be sad for one and a silver next week for the other. But hey I'll take silver and a trip to Cookeville any day over sitting home watching it on TV'

I don't understand why on third and long he's not double teamed at the line of scrimmage? They have other play makers sure but on 3rd and long they chunk it up to him every time? Make them go another route! Double coverage him at the line and force him back preventing him from getting downfield will allow a good defense to get in the backfield. You can't play off the line on this guy and let him get downfield. Too talented and too tall . He's going to beat you if he gets downfield- at least make him fight for it! I would put two on him at the line of scrimmage not five yards off the ball - he may may still get downfield and make the play but he wouldn't just be running by like he does when he is one on one and playing five yards off the line of scrimmage. Not disrespect to the rest of CA but shut down #1 and your odds of winning are greatly increased. 3rd down and long he's getting it or he's lining up behind center and keeping it. Good luck to both teams and congrats! This week will be sad for one and a silver next week for the other. But hey I'll take silver and a trip to Cookeville any day over sitting home watching it on TV'

Yes, silver is better than bronze and copper any day. LMBO. He reminded me of that Skogen kid at temple about 10 years ago or even more recent that huge receiver that Signal had a few years ago. Columbia Academy isn't great by any means. To help ease some of the Greenback faithfuls mind about what type of team is coming to town I will say this. They are solid, but not near as good as the 2011 South Pittsburg team you played in the second round of the playoffs. The Grace teams you played through those years were also better, but they are a solid little 1A team for sure.

Yes, silver is better than bronze and copper any day. LMBO. He reminded me of that Skogen kid at temple about 10 years ago or even more recent that huge receiver that Signal had a few years ago. Columbia Academy isn't great by any means. To help ease some of the Greenback faithfuls mind about what type of team is coming to town I will say this. They are solid, but not near as good as the 2011 South Pittsburg team you played in the second round of the playoffs. The Grace teams you played through those years were also better, but they are a solid little 1A team for sure.

The only reason sp put points on the board is because of SP's speed. That will not be as big of a problem this week. Not saying greenback won't score, but it won't be a close game by any means

Well everyone can sit and say that CA is this and that and we need to stop #1 in order to have a chance. Well I will tell you this right now. I am one that never post only watches what everyone post and laughs at most.

This is the best Greenback team that has hit the field in over 20yrs by far. If CA thinks there gonna come to town looking for an easy win they will be looking at a long road home with tails between there legs. If they come with there chin straps buckled tight ready to play the most physical game they have been in then it will be a great game. Just remember we have our own superstar PLAYERS that they have to stop...

#wearenotaonemanshow

Greenback must put something in the water. My cousin coaches youth football and I watched Greenbacks 8-9 year old team play in the championship a few weeks ago and those boys were for real, especially for their age. I am from a small town as well and it makes me happy to see these small towns turning out athletes year after year. Football is more than a game it is a chance to teach young men life lessons. Good luck Greenback, you have a new fan for sure!!!!!!!

Well everyone can sit and say that CA is this and that and we need to stop #1 in order to have a chance. Well I will tell you this right now. I am one that never post only watches what everyone post and laughs at most.

This is the best Greenback team that has hit the field in over 20yrs by far. If CA thinks there gonna come to town looking for an easy win they will be looking at a long road home with tails between there legs. If they come with there chin straps buckled tight ready to play the most physical game they have been in then it will be a great game. Just remember we have our own superstar PLAYERS that they have to stop...

#wearenotaonemanshow

+1 Great post!!!!! Any given friday!!!!