Columbia Academy @ Greenback

orngnblk

Greenback must put something in the water. My cousin coaches youth football and I watched Greenbacks 8-9 year old team play in the championship a few weeks ago and those boys were for real, especially for their age. I am from a small town as well and it makes me happy to see these small towns turning out athletes year after year. Football is more than a game it is a chance to teach young men life lessons. Good luck Greenback, you have a new fan for sure!!!!!!!

well.... you can take your pick Oneida, greenback, coalfield, and south pitt are all that way. oneida and south pitt are actually small towns. greenback and coalfield are small communities  don't even have a red light in them...lol  the kids at these schools learn at an early age what playing for each other is about because the grow up with each other and play for their community as a youth all the way up. that's the way it should be.

well.... you can take your pick Oneida, greenback, coalfield, and south pitt are all that way. oneida and south pitt are actually small towns. greenback and coalfield are small communities don't even have a red light in them...lol the kids at these schools learn at an early age what playing for each other is about because the grow up with each other and play for their community as a youth all the way up. that's the way it should be.

You get it!

Did he get in a fight last week? I believe the lineman we lost two years ago could have cost us a state championship. The best lineman we had on the team got kicked out of the Coalfield semifinal game. He was a two way all state lineman. It cost us bad.

Already been discussed in depth no need to ressurect the issue.We are just trying to get ready to play this game. Edited by orngnblk

well.... you can take your pick Oneida, greenback, coalfield, and south pitt are all that way. oneida and south pitt are actually small towns. greenback and coalfield are small communities  don't even have a red light in them...lol  the kids at these schools learn at an early age what playing for each other is about because the grow up with each other and play for their community as a youth all the way up. that's the way it should be.

Just got the first traffic light on the outskirts of town. In town we got us a blinker and couple of stop signs.

I'd have to disagree maj, I'd say this year would beat 2008 pretty good. That team had trouble coming together. Had an individual that liked to blame others when things got tough. They were very talented though.

You got me wondering now. I thought the 08 team came together pretty good. Hard to compare different era players but matching up some key positions I still like the 08 over this years. I think the Loudon team 08 beat was better than the one this year's team lost to. Just one game but there were a couple of others this year where it looked like GB just mailed it in. Sequoyah was another lackluster performance. I will say this year's team got hot at the right time.  I thought 08 should have had silver, just couldn't shake the big O that year.

I keep reading about this kid from CA. What is his size? Speed? Grade? Is he being recruited? Mr Football finalist? I've heard more about this kid on this thread than I've heard all year about Tee Higgins.

6'3 185/Undoubtly faster than anyone we have and they told what school but I was so overwhelmed by how bad this kid is going to beat us I have forgotten......Can he throw it to himself also?? Edited by orngnblk