Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

Back on the topic of the game Trezevent defense is very aggressive, I could see Marion Getting some big plays on screens and misdirection type plays. TCA had 3-4 screen plays go for 10+ yards. Also can Marion throw the ball, weakest part of there defense is there secondary. On offense it's no secret they are gonna line up in the I and just pound it with Richardson. The only question is can you stop Richardson before he gets to the 2nd level if not its gonna be a long long day for MC. They also have a very good backup running back who I think would start on most 2a teams

Marion will score in bunches and in many different ways. They average over a kick return for TD per game and have had several called back. They have a QB who can throw it all over the lot if he has too. They prefer to run the ball. They move very fast for a high school team. The local paper said they snap the ball in less than 14 seconds on average. And they will hit you. They have been hit too so nothing will surprise them in this game. They have a kicker who will put it in the end zone almost every kickoff. And they create turnovers. Their coaching staff is above average as well.

Like I said earlier they may not win but they won't be scared. I expect a good game and if the Trez team is already counting this as a win the way some posters are then Trez may get run out of the building.

I personally don't think anyone should play up. I say it's our job to get better and beat them.

Was pulling for Marion vs Hampton but thought it could go either way so maybe I'm not the guy to ask but I've watched a lot of Trez film and they are beatable. And I'm not hearing any of this "if Trany takes them lightly" crap either. Marion just needs to show up and show the city folks how we country bumpkins do things.

I'm with you Slice. If a school meets the enrollment requirements to be in that class then they should be able to play in it without being harassed to play up. If you want to beat them work harder to do it. I also don't have a problem with privates in the same division.

We are a good 2A school. Could we compete in 3A? Yeah maybe until 2nd or 3rd rounds most years. Same with SP. Could they compete in 2A? Yes most years they would go deep in the playoffs as well. Why should schools be punished for working harder and being better?

Edited by PurplePower68

I assure you he isn't all they have. Shutting down a 225 lb back that runs a 4.5 is no easy task. He will have a very good fullback lead blocking and he hits the hole wide open. It's pretty scary for the poor secondary to see that train coming!

in the films I have watched a lot of the DBs not wanting to hit him head on are trying to take angles but his speed leaves them grasping at air . Rivals making a guess , says he will go to a Florida school but a dozen schools will make an offer. A player like that doesn't come out out 2A very often.

Some people want to be champions and take on a challenge. Others just want to be called champion. Alcoa has 2A numbers too. But they knew beating up a bunch of people that they're way better than just isn't much fun. Translucent might be the best in 2A this year. They might not. But they aren't the beast that Alcoa is. Otherwise they'd be in 3a. But they know they aren't good enough to step up.

Bingo! Well said.

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book about this White mans team. He has that Swift boy to that is a real good tackler. Murphy says he is going to a small school but if he would gain 20 pounds he could play in the SEC. I called my buddy Murphy tonight to make sure he had my sideline pass for this weekend and he said that Richardson boy would be on the front cover if he was a durn senior. Me and that man from Ronnies red eye and Wendy are going up to Cookeville on Thursday for the weekend. Wendy is wanting to go and go to that durn motorcycle place while me and that man from Ronnies red eye hang out with Murphy. You think im joking but im not.