Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

Credit to trezevant on the win. This one looks bad on tssaa's part. Perception is unfair however I realize the situation. But, No team should move two classes by choice or by rule in one calendar year. Rule change to disallow choice on the way I hear. Play where your numbers put you.

It was a mid-classification change, to end the Z plan two years early. Otherwise this year and next year would have been 3 regular season classes then playoff split into 6, with losses to teams not in the same playoff bracket having direct impacts.

So I've read about 20 post and I'm seeing much of the same.... Should've been a blowout... Should've been over by the half... The refs were bad.... Well it wasn't a blowout! It wasn't over by the half! And the refs made some bad calls both ways! Thousands of other kids parents and family's were home wishing they were playing! Just be happy and appreciative that the good lord kept these men safe today. Proud of these MC boys and hats off to Trezvant. 10 years from now the score will still be Marion County 35 Trezvant 40! End of story! Let's move on to the next board and next year!

Yeah marion had some luck on their side for sure. That was a fumble right before our first score. We made some plays as well. We had a chance at the end to win and whether you want to attribute that to luck, refs or whatever im sure you are going to do what makes mc look the worst. The best team won, doesnt matter if by 50 or 5. Probably would have been easier to stomach for those seniors in the locker room if it was 50. Trezevant left us in the game by getting away from what was working, not sure why they did it but it ended up working out. I will end just for you by saying its better to be lucky than be you and not have a team to cheer for old tiger. Congrats to mc on a fine season!!

Old Pirate says Marion county folkes are surely proud of the success of the Warriors. Looking back the players can find consolation it wasn't a blow out but a hard fought feud. BTW, OP had a team to cheer for today like a HEEP of other county folkes. It wasn't jest folkes around the jailhouse supporting the Warriors. Old Pirate still has several unanswered questions. 1. Whom do you say I am? 2. Who do you feel the closest connection to in the WE comment, Like you says, you feel as a fellow alumni, you have earned right to says things like, " WE score again". Jest curious which you have the strongest connection with? Edited by OLD PIRATE

They were actually 3A playing up in 4A. When the TSSAA restructured last fall with the 6A Power 32 they were one of the teams that got to drop down along with Tyner, Polk, Brainerd and others.

I would like to know if their former classification was 3A, why did they choose to play 4A for those years?  Curious minds want to know.

Pujo, Trez could easily be repeat State Champions with the loss of two players and the likely hood of several new players/transfers that will take notice of the Bears' accomplishments. 2A.......BEWARE.....

They was my pick before this season started and shoot I'll go out on a limb and pick um again.