1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

You really have no idea how nasty it CAN get on here. I've been a reader for years and just recently signed up. Go back three or four years and you'll get an education as to what I mean. This is, by the way a place where people post real opinions about football. Not ballet class or kindergarten choir class. If you will read objectively, you will see that I have not said one bad thing about our worthy opponent this week, Greenback. My argument on here was with Bassy who slams private schools for being involved with 1A football. My comment to him was that a lot of 1A schools simply dont work, and then cry because they have to play against a private school that has. There are also a lot of private schools who obviously dont work. CA appears to be one of them to me. They are a case of a private school who has no advantage over anyone. That is my opinion. You claim that I dont know that? Yes, I do know that! I can see beyond a shadow of a doubt and tell that they havent worked. I'm sure they have weight rooms and programs, but that doesnt get it done. Again, I am not talking about GB!

This is not a place where everyone comes and pats each other on the back and sings Kum Ba Yah. Funny, this is a game of violence, and people talk of hitting each other in the mouth and all that good stuff. Great! I love it! THAT'S FOOTBALL! But as soon as someone gets on here and talks about the real underlying issues as to why another team can or cant be successful, he's a terrible person! If I have a strong opinion, I will express it. That's what goes on here. The Ambassador is a long time poster and is right about a lot of things. He can sometimes also be wrong. So can I, and so can you. If people get their feelings hurt, they shouldnt hang out here.

You need to go back and read the past 10 years. Slamming private schools? I said they have an advantage. I also said we have beaten a lot of them through the years. Some of those were awesome teams. Out of all the people on here that bash private schools, you want to call me the private school slammer. Youngun, I'm easier on private schools than most posters on here. Orange Slicer is from Boyd Buchanan. He can vouch for this. Slicer where are you? Your attention is needed here promptly. Edited by TheAmbassador

The Wayne County boys (young men actually) were very fit and prepared to play football for four quarters.  I've taken a few digs here for stressing the importance of the weight room, but a team or player is nothing without it. Back in the 70s everyone just went to practice and played on Friday nights. If it's not year-round nowadays, you simply don't have a chance.

And the real word for it is STRUCTURE. Some public schools are lucky enough to have weight training during school. I'd say most Private schools do.Then comes the dreaded summer and some small schools do better than others,its really got more to do with the parents.As a whole,you're kids get better nutrition ,can afford pretty much any supplements they desire and actually get the rest needed. I've been around this for 35 years and i know the difference in this junk. You just have a more dedicated bunch of parents, more money and a huge drawing pool. Its not rocket science. 

I assume you meant strength and conditioning coaches, not athletic trainers. Actually our strength and conditioning coach was thrilled that he was already that far along. All that early working out stuff is old wives tales. As far as D2 1A football is concerned....there are some terrible teams in that division as well. Union City would have rolled every one of them last year. And for those of you saying I'm arrogant, the Union City team from last year would beat our team from this year again. That might very well be the best 1A team ever in this state.

Now that's funny right there !

I've saw you guys dress less than 30 kids and knock knots all over people's heads. The reason for only 30 kids is simple. They either do the work or they don't play. Private schools of the same enrollment as you guys can dress 75 and all of um work. They also have several who transfer in simply to excel in sports. One more thing,that cat don't want to trade money with me. I'm a pretty rich feller but my treasures are not the expensive type.

Edited by pujo

I've saw you guys dress less than 30 kids and knock knots all over people's heads. The reason for only 30 kids is simple. They either do the work or they don't play. Private schools of the same enrollment as you guys can dress 75 and all of um work. They also have several who transfer in simply to excel in sports. One more thing,that cat don't want to trade money with me. I'm a pretty rich feller but my treasures are not the expensive type.

Yeah right!Not many people have a $1,000,000.00 Indian bottle.LOL!

Bassy, Ive read you for years. I agree with a lot of what you say on here. Hey, I dont agree with my wife on everything either!  Heck, I've even said things that I later look back on and see that I was wrong. This place to me is not about proving you or anyone else wrong. It's a place to post opinions. The TSSAA has passed their decision and the changes will be made. I still say that the biggest injustice in 1A football who everyone seems to be ignoring is open enrollment. That stuff will be around long after we (NCS) are gone. All you have to do is pay a county's school tax (usually under 1000 bucks) and you can go to those schools. Union City, Alcoa.......You get the point. As of this post NCS still has not won a thing and might not on Friday.

Oh we all know that other types of schools have HUGE advantages, Its mainly the small rural schools who are getting the shaft. Who in the world is gonna stand up for the peasants. 

I assume you meant strength and conditioning coaches, not athletic trainers. Actually our strength and conditioning coach was thrilled that he was already that far along. All that early working out stuff is old wives tales. As far as D2 1A football is concerned....there are some terrible teams in that division as well. Union City would have rolled every one of them last year. And for those of you saying I'm arrogant, the Union City team from last year would beat our team from this year again. That might very well be the best 1A team ever in this state.

i'll say this, union city last year is better than NCS this year. Coalfield made a game of it for a half. Greenback has way more talent than coalfield last season. I think they have real chance of pulling it off if they can play a complete game. their district is brutal and physical each week, and there were several games that could have went either way this season, but greenback found a way to win them. if they can keep it close half way into the 3rd quarter look out!