1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

"You have great looking kids because they come from the Nashville area."

Wrong again genius! I have a great looking kid because he committed himself at an early age to hard @$$ lifting. Some of the stuff I have put him through might even seem cruel to some, but when a kid wants it bad enough and desires to be pushed, he gets results. My kid is a sophomore at NCS. He has been lifting since he was eight. Today at 175 lbs he benches 280, squats 460, deadlifts close to 500, can dunk a basketball at 5 ft 9 in (doesnt even play basketball) and runs a 4.6 forty. Also, my kid doesnt come from the Nasville area. We are just plain ole country folks who demand and expect great things from our son.

Sorta weak little feller but if he continues to work he may be fairly strong by the time he's a senior.Should have started a little earlier. Started mine at about 4 or 5. 

"You have great looking kids because they come from the Nashville area."

Wrong again genius! I have a great looking kid because he committed himself at an early age to hard @$$ lifting. Some of the stuff I have put him through might even seem cruel to some, but when a kid wants it bad enough and desires to be pushed, he gets results. My kid is a sophomore at NCS. He has been lifting since he was eight. Today at 175 lbs he benches 280, squats 460, deadlifts close to 500, can dunk a basketball at 5 ft 9 in (doesnt even play basketball) and runs a 4.6 forty. Also, my kid doesnt come from the Nasville area. We are just plain ole country folks who demand and expect great things from our son.

So many things here to address. I'll ask about this one. From a health perspective if you had him doing anything other than using his own body weight to lift until after 7/8th grade you'd be doing what almost every athletic trainer in the USA recommends. You werent specific so I thought it was worth asking?

Since he's a sophomore for his senior year he will get to enjoy competing against Div IIA schools that have dedicated, intense, year round weight programs teams full of athletic and motivated kids. Some of those schools will have several Div 1 college prospects too.

I haven't said one bad thing about Greenback Football! Congratulations for making the state finals. No one can ever take that from you! My exchange was with another poster and was not meant to be a slam on Greenback at all.

Shoot I'm an adopted Cherokee, I'm an Oneida guy. Greenback sent us to basketball practice in round 2.

Why not let this thread be about the two teams playing in it and leave the arguing with the private alone. If there's recruiting or any other unfair advantage going on there's nothing you can do about it. It's not the posters fault, need to be talking to tssaa. Don't get on here and take away from the kids that have worked for this moment. I'm not a fan of privates either but this ain't the place or the time to talk about it. I have no problem with the team I support losing to NCS a couple weeks back, we brought the fight to them, went down 14 early and fought back with a chance to tie late. When WC walked off the field at NCS they left it all there and NCS players, coaches and fans knew they had all they could handle and had been in a battle the whole game. Cut them se slack, quit bashing and let the kids decide the game!

Congratulations to Greenback for making the TSSAA state finals! You have achieved great things this season and it is yet to be decided. I hope you, your coaches and young men have a wonderful experience in Cookeville this weekend. As for all of you trolls who dont like NCS being there........well, you're not there playing so just either enjoy watching or not watching the game, whining about life being unfair or whatever it is you do on a regular basis. Merry Christmas Everyone! I'm out.

Still wondering why you waited so late to start training. Did he go through puberty at 8.

Congratulations to Greenback for making the TSSAA state finals! You have achieved great things this season and it is yet to be decided. I hope you, your coaches and young men have a wonderful experience in Cookeville this weekend. As for all of you trolls who dont like NCS being there........well, you're not there playing so just either enjoy watching or not watching the game, whining about life being unfair or whatever it is you do on a regular basis. Merry Christmas Everyone! I'm out.

Well. . . Bye.