1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

So they're from Louisville and big brother went to Ensworth and little brother at NCS? Sounds legit to me :popcorneater:

Let me tell you what it sounds like. It sounds like their parents made the right choices. Both will have the opportunity to get a college education and play ball along the way. Maybe Bowers thought little brother couldn't thrive at Ensworth, maybe they wanted them at different schools. Not for me to answer. With the schools only three miles apart, maybe NCS made sense. While it may piss some people off, 8-10 years of college tuition is hard to argue with.

Let me tell you what it sounds like. It sounds like their parents made the right choices. Both will have the opportunity to get a college education and play ball along the way. Maybe Bowers thought little brother couldn't thrive at Ensworth, maybe they wanted them at different schools. Not for me to answer. With the schools only three miles apart, maybe NCS made sense. While it may piss some people off, 8-10 years of college tuition is hard to argue with.

I was talking to a couple of my NCS friends last year at the UC game and they were worried about Ensworth trying to recruit Bituli and the nose guard lol

lol - No matter how hard you try, we'll always be accused of "cheating".

I don't think cheating is the word? I'm curious these D1 kids what's the real story on these young men? How did they end up at NCS? I think the issue is folks don't acknowledge that private schools do have an advantage. Go back and watch the documentary's of the Brentwood academy coaches, coaching staff, I think it's on YouTube - I was always one of those who said heck with this nonsense - line up and play ball the better team will win. Forget the recruiting business that is what it is and I'm not sure there is much of that but I do believe they private schools are able to do things public school school boards don't allow or can't afford. Gives them an advantage .

I don't think cheating is the word? I'm curious these D1 kids what's the real story on these young men? How did they end up at NCS? I think the issue is folks don't acknowledge that private schools do have an advantage. Go back and watch the documentary's of the Brentwood academy coaches, coaching staff, I think it's on YouTube - I was always one of those who said heck with this nonsense - line up and play ball the better team will win. Forget the recruiting business that is what it is and I'm not sure there is much of that but I do believe they private schools are able to do things public school school boards don't allow or can't afford. Gives them an advantage .

Oh I do remember that but you have to admit it's a little easier to do in the private world if it's a priority. You can limit your enrollment if you choose to do so. You can either accept or reject any applicant you choose so out of the 85 +\- males in your school 3 are major D1 and several others are OHV level recruits in football, not to mention the future NHL or whatever other stars :D also there are no elected officials or tax payers to answer to about where the money goes. Sure there is a board somewhere that counts the beans but again if it's a priority then not much resistance there. Then the flexibility to schedule elective "classes" such as fundamentals of the wing-t or whatever offense / defense is pertinent as well as mandatory PE classes that are strength and conditioning classes. Team teaching classes assigned to coaches so they're free to do coaching things as well as the ability to hire anyone as faculty regardless of teaching credentials, or lack there of. The list of advantages over joe public high are real.

I agree, it's not just about recruiting. How many players at private schools have to wonder where they're gonna sleep because either mom and dad are MIA or just don't have anywhere to go. I know a couple every year here in the county that if it wasn't for bouncing from friend to friends house a night or two at a time they'd be sleeping at the school and that has happened a few times. Socially there are a lot of differences for a good number of kids. I have nothing against private schools, just apples and oranges.

Edited by crow

So I ask my husband who knows his football and is if anything a realist what our chances were. He says after watching much game film on NCS we should make a game of this. Now a lot of things have to line up for this to happen one being we play our A game for 4 quarters and will have to win some line of scrimmage battles. With that said I am ready if for nothing else to make the East proud and make a game of this thing. I will also add my son plans on coming to Cookeville to win a Championship and isn't worried or intimidated in the least. So if your realist QB feels that way (Apple doesn't fall far from the tree) and so does the rest of the team I'd say we have faced the first hurdle and that is one of monumental importance. We know the makeup of this team and words doesn't do it justice when I say there is no team with any bigger heart that will be ready to punch them in the mouth. Anything else would be defeat and it's not in their vocabulary. We may still lose and may possibly lose big, but it won't be because we came in thinking we were beat before we even play. They knew most thought they wouldn't get past CA (not really sure why-people just didn't know what we had or were capable of) but our boys weren't convinced because they watched the film and knew what they had to do and got it done. OnB it feels good to be a huge underdog!

So I ask my husband who knows his football and is if anything a realist what our chances were. He says after watching much game film on NCS we should make a game of this. Now a lot of things have to line up for this to happen one being we play our A game for 4 quarters and will have to win some line of scrimmage battles. With that said I am ready if for nothing else to make the East proud and make a game of this thing. I will also add my son plans on coming to Cookeville to win a Championship and isn't worried or intimidated in the least. So if your realist QB feels that way (Apple doesn't fall far from the tree) and so does the rest of the team I'd say we have faced the first hurdle and that is one of monumental importance. We know the makeup of this team and words doesn't do it justice when I say there is no team with any bigger heart that will be ready to punch them in the mouth. Anything else would be defeat and it's not in their vocabulary. We may still lose and may possibly lose big, but it won't be because we came in thinking we were beat before we even play. They knew most thought they wouldn't get past CA (not really sure why-people just didn't know what we had or were capable of) but our boys weren't convinced because they watched the film and knew what they had to do and got it done. OnB it feels good to be a huge underdog!

Congrats on your team making the big dance! But your teams season will be ended by the same team that ended my teams.