1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

It's pathetic that the playoff system is this bad in Tennesssee to have a team that wouldn't have made it out of the second round in the west playing for a state championship. That's why it bothers me.. I'll speak to what I want to speak about. And I will make sure that everyone knows that Wayne County is the second best team in the state and its ashame that they had to face NCS in the quarters.

Call Bernard....

My honest opinion about this game goes like this, I dont know a whole lot about GB but I do know a lot about 1a football and NCS is as good as it gets at this level. They are big and fast on both lines with a great qb. 35, 12 and 22 can tote the ball against any defense in 1a with big results. The difference in this game is NCS defense, GB fought hard to put up 21 against ca and there's no comparison between ca and NCS defense. NCS will stuff the run up the middle and give nothing and will not give the edge, they have too much speed for GB to get to the corners. Every pass I saw completed last night was hard to watch, the NCS secondary loves to hit. I'm not down grading GB and I'm not one of these posters that gets on here saying the championship game was played last week with WC, the championship game will be played in Cookeville. What I'm saying is NCS is much better than anybody else in 1a this year and will have to have a terrible game and GB have a perfect game to have a chance. Congratulations to both teams on making the big dance, enjoy what yall both have accomplished and leave it all on the field, yall are the two best teams in 1a!

If brothers is a smart man to which I think he is, you will see #12 McGraw & #35 Bituli both in the backfield to begin the game,,,#12 would get the ball 20/25 times in this game and the rest to Bituli,,, both are very capable taking it for 6 on any given play ! Bituli being more of a punisher and McGraw being the rocket man when he gets loose ( you won't catch him ) !!!! Don't kick or punt to him either or you will suffer a huge return,,, as powerp quoted, their big guys are not slow by a long shot and pursue the play like LB's,,,,GB will have to use ball control and eat the clock to be successful, WC used their undersized quick lineman to somewhat counter the physical quickness of NC and made a game of it,,,99% of teams across the state has a weakness at some position or another but NC falls into the remaining 1%..... Keys to this game will be if GB can keep #12 & #35 for NC in check and be able to generate some offence against NC's D

If brothers is a smart man to which I think he is, you will see #12 McGraw & #35 Bituli both in the backfield to begin the game,,,#12 would get the ball 20/25 times in this game and the rest to Bituli,,, both are very capable taking it for 6 on any given play ! Bituli being more of a punisher and McGraw being the rocket man when he gets loose ( you won't catch him ) !!!! Don't kick or punt to him either or you will suffer a huge return,,, as powerp quoted, their big guys are not slow by a long shot and pursue the play like LB's,,,,GB will have to use ball control and eat the clock to be successful, WC used their undersized quick lineman to somewhat counter the physical quickness of NC and made a game of it,,,99% of teams across the state has a weakness at some position or another but NC falls into the remaining 1%..... Keys to this game will be if GB can keep #12 & #35 for NC in check and be able to generate some offence against NC's D

I was very impressed with 55 last night for NCS, he was coming from the left side of the defensive line and making tackles on the right sideline, very tough player up front
  • Upvote 1

It's pathetic that the playoff system is this bad in Tennesssee to have a team that wouldn't have made it out of the second round in the west playing for a state championship. That's why it bothers me.. I'll speak to what I want to speak about. And I will make sure that everyone knows that Wayne County is the second best team in the state and its ashame that they had to face NCS in the quarters.

Same system that saw the east beating the brains out of the west a few years ago. 2008 saw Oneida as well as SP lose to Trousdale County. Both Oneida and SP were better than Jo Byrns that year. 2007 SP beat Hampton then killed Mckenzie in the championship, Hampton was better than Mckenzie that year. It goes on and on in all classes. It cyclical, some years the east has several teams better than any team in the west. This year and last the west has been dominant. In a few years it'll change back. Heck look at Alcoa and Maryville, the East could have several teams in those classes better than whatever sacrificial lamb the west sends but we won't know because Maryville and Alcoa wash them out long before the big game. Don't hear anyone else moaning and groaning about it. Simply put if any teams wants a shot at gold they gotta get out of their side of the bracket. Just the way it is.

Why do you fight so hard for a team you've watched 1/2 a season? Why is so important for WC to be tagged second best? Did WC play Union City, Peabody, or Dresden? You have no idea how WC would have matched up. Fact is WC lost to the first good team (at full strength) that they played.

I am pro Wayne County. I respect their posters and program. But you needing to win this argument is silly. You're not even a real WC fan. You decided to like and defend them after watching a random game this year.

Let it go

thank you!! If you ain't first, you're last. Who wants to be claimed the 2nd best team???

every playoff system works that way. High school, college, and the pros in every sport. The 2nd best team is gonna get put out eventually anyways. What's the difference in losing in the 2nd round or the 4th round??

You know now I'm not saying that were going to win, which I think we can if these young men play like they did last night. But I remember sitting in the hotel 28 years ago and the Nashville tv stations were doing an interview with the star running back from Richland. And I quote" we have nothing to worry about the lost their best running back Hanley and the don't have anything else. Just a word to the wise don't count your chickens before they hatch! Cause I know I'm old but seems we won that game 32-0 correct me if I'm wrong. So all this west is better than the east or east is better than the west will be settled in Cookville nowhere else. And for crying cause your team is better than ours well if you would have handled your business then you would be playing Saturday and not NCS. Sorry that's just the facts. This is the system thatis in place and it works pretty good. So live with it. Its just like CA crying wanting us to move the game to Cookville because Greenback was subpar to their standards. That's the way the ball bounces Next year if they want home field they have to win and they will have it. so everyone quit crying and lets play ball and see what happens and may the best team win.

• Upvote 1

You know now I'm not saying that were going to win, which I think we can if these young men play like they did last night. But I remember sitting in the hotel 28 years ago and the Nashville tv stations were doing an interview with the star running back from Richland. And I quote" we have nothing to worry about the lost their best running back Hanley and the don't have anything else. Just a word to the wise don't count your chickens before they hatch! Cause I know I'm old but seems we won that game 32-0 correct me if I'm wrong. So all this west is better than the east or east is better than the west will be settled in Cookville nowhere else. And for crying cause your team is better than ours well if you would have handled your business then you would be playing Saturday and not NCS. Sorry that's just the facts. This is the system thatis in place and it works pretty good. So live with it. Its just like CA crying wanting us to move the game to Cookville because Greenback was subpar to their standards. That's the way the ball bounces Next year if they want home field they have to win and they will have it. so everyone quit crying and lets play ball and see what happens and may the best team win.

DEFENSE...thump, thump...DEFENSE!!!!!

Well said, GFD!

No way. Until you actually see NCS in person you will not understand. I'm not talking just about their size but their fundamentals as well. Malone is fast as lightning for Peabody but they harassed him all night tonight. The thing that makes them special is their big linemen can run and have power.

I understand what you're saying. If there's no way then we might as well just hang it up and go ahead and put the crystal ball down in Nashville. There's 48 minutes of football and a great gameplan and a bad showing from NCS could result in a win for GB. There is a way when you strap em up, just ask teams like App State and James Madison. They've done the unthinkable. It's always possible.