1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

I guarantee this team is not going to waltz into Cookeville with the attitude of being huge favorites.  We've never been to this dance before and the coaches will make sure they are ready for a fight.  Haven't watched the game yet, but Greenback dismantled that vaunted CA offense.  That speaks volumes to this observer.

Yes it will and we are fine with it just as you where.We both did what was put in front of us and got it done.This time is for the kids and coaches some of us arm chair coaches and has been just take it a little out of context.Both teams deserve respect for accomplishing their goal.Somebody has to lose and somebody will win.I know who the better team is top to bottom but crazy things can happen.I am just going to be like one guy posted-Let em play and give the awards after.ONE THING IS FOR DOG GONE SURE,WE ARE PUTTING ANOTHER BALL IN OUR TROPHY CASE!

Great post! Although I'm NCS 110%, Greenback obviously has a great team and coaches as evidenced by their dismantling of Columbia Academy. Holding CA to 14 points is just unbelievable. This game is going to be tough for NCS. Greenback might even be leading at the half. I don't expect NCS players or coaches to be over confident coming in. 

For the first time this season GB will face a team that will have more talent. I believe they will be impressed, but make no mistake they will not be intimidated. I predict a brutal battle and if NCS doesn"t hang big numbers early it could get interesting. I'm begnning to think the more this GB team hits the stronger it gets.

Edited by ancient1

It's all about matchups. Obviously Greenback matched up well with Columbia Academy and their scheme. I want to see the small, rural school win, but I can't bet against NCS in this one. You don't annihilate the teams they have this year and not be special.

It all depends on the N C 's intentions. They go all out and its mercy,they piddle for a half and Greenback will hang in there until they decide to put the pedal down. Greenback has as much business playing Nashville as Marion Co has playing Memphis. I'm not joking

Not sure what that was like. Are you saying don't bother getting on here to discuss the game?

He's saying that all week people gonna tell GB they ain't got a chance. Gold ball going west. Good job getting here but now it's over. Just show up and get your silver ball....

Get the picture? That's how the the thread went championship week last year and it's already started this year.

It all depends on the N C 's intentions. They go all out and its mercy,they piddle for a half and Greenback will hang in there until they decide to put the pedal down. Greenback has as much business playing Nashville as Marion Co has playing Memphis. I'm not joking

Jasper has more business playing the Hampton does.

It's all about matchups. Obviously Greenback matched up well with Columbia Academy and their scheme. I want to see the small, rural school win, but I can't bet against NCS in this one. You don't annihilate the teams they have this year and not be special.

It wasn't matchups it was just being much more physical than them.They had not played a team like GB all yr.We physically whipped them.