1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

Peabody was able to play street ball and have get away with it until they ran into an equally athletic team coupled with power and discipline. After playing Greenback last night, they also have those three traits that NCS possesses. The two best teams are playing. I don't think it will be decided until the 4th qtr late.

No no. The 2 best teams aren't playing. The best team from the west bracket is playing and the best team from the east bracket is playing. The 2 best teams played 2 Friday's ago

Almost every post will talk about how bad NCS will kill GB and the state championship game was played in an earlier round out west.

Like I told you all last yr,yes they are a better team on paper and against the teams they have played...BUT regardless what some nut says the Gold and Silver will be gave out on Fri!#1 from the West and #1 from the East will play they don't give awards to 3 and below.We will take the challenge as you all did and show up and we might as well play ball for a while! Edited by orngnblk

No no. The 2 best teams aren't playing. The best team from the west bracket is playing and the best team from the east bracket is playing. The 2 best teams played 2 Friday's ago

Fact is whatever game you're talking about the loser wasn't good enough to make it to the show PERIOD

For the first time this season GB will face a team that will have more talent. I believe they will be impressed, but make no mistake they will not be intimidated. I predict a brutal battle and if NCS doesn"t hang big numbers early it could get interesting. I'm begnning to think the more this GB team hits the stronger it gets.

Trust me....NCS has across the board the best looking team I've ever seen in 1a. You want a big line? They have about 12 linemen over 230 that are all decent. Fast skill players? Got that too. Power runners? Get in Bitulis way and he punishes you. Good defensive front? Check, powerful and fast as lightning. Good coverage defensive backs? Got that as well. In fact they went man up with no safety help most of the night and their dbs locked down Peabody receivers. As I have stated before, the two things that really impressed me was their overall size and speed and their attention to detail in fundamentals. Even in warmups, watch how detailed and precise they are. I am glad SP didn't make it to the game lol I am rooting for Greenback. This is just my observation though. Congratulations on making it to Cookeville. Hopefully they will get it to.a better place soon.

Like I told you all last yr,yes they are a better team on paper and against the teams they have played...BUT regardless what some nut says the Gold and Silver will be gave out on Fri!#1 from the West and #1 from the East will play they don't give awards to 3 and below.We will take the challenge as you all did and show up and we might as well play ball for a while!

Allypu can do is show up and play. Worst case you come home with a silver ball. Best case you bring back gold and shut up a lot of people from the west saying how good they are. Nothing wrong with either scenario.

I mean no disrespect to WC, or the rest of the West. I have been close and involved in CAs losses to NCS the last two years, our wins over WC the last two years, the scrimmage this year, the whole 9 yards, and Greenback is at the least equal to WC this year. It would have been an epic battle, but WC is/was not better than Greenback.

I mean no disrespect to WC, or the rest of the West. I have been close and involved in CAs losses to NCS the last two years, our wins over WC the last two years, the scrimmage this year, the whole 9 yards, and Greenback is at the least equal to WC this year. It would have been an epic battle, but WC is/was not better than Greenback.

I would put GBs skill players up against any public 1A school. Up front they have improved throughout the year. I think this GB team could've competed against UC last year. Now that won't help them vs NCS but they're no slouch by any means.

Why do you fight so hard for a team you've watched 1/2 a season? Why is so important for WC to be tagged second best? Did WC play Union City, Peabody, or Dresden? You have no idea how WC would have matched up. Fact is WC lost to the first good team (at full strength) that they played.

I am pro Wayne County. I respect their posters and program. But you needing to win this argument is silly. You're not even a real WC fan. You decided to like and defend them after watching a random game this year.

Let it go

Why do you fight so hard for a team you've watched 1/2 a season? Why is so important for WC to be tagged second best? Did WC play Union City, Peabody, or Dresden? You have no idea how WC would have matched up. Fact is WC lost to the first good team (at full strength) that they played.

I am pro Wayne County. I respect their posters and program. But you needing to win this argument is silly. You're not even a real WC fan. You decided to like and defend them after watching a random game this year.

Let it go

It's pathetic that the playoff system is this bad in Tennesssee to have a team that wouldn't have made it out of the second round in the west playing for a state championship. That's why it bothers me.. I'll speak to what I want to speak about. And I will make sure that everyone knows that Wayne County is the second best team in the state and its ashame that they had to face NCS in the quarters.

I mean no disrespect to WC, or the rest of the West. I have been close and involved in CAs losses to NCS the last two years, our wins over WC the last two years, the scrimmage this year, the whole 9 yards, and Greenback is at the least equal to WC this year. It would have been an epic battle, but WC is/was not better than Greenback.[/quote

Anyway.