1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

So I ask my husband who knows his football and is if anything a realist what our chances were. He says after watching much game film on NCS we should make a game of this. Now a lot of things have to line up for this to happen one being we play our A game for 4 quarters and will have to win some line of scrimmage battles. With that said I am ready if for nothing else to make the East proud and make a game of this thing. I will also add my son plans on coming to Cookeville to win a Championship and isn't worried or intimidated in the least. So if your realist QB feels that way (Apple doesn't fall far from the tree) and so does the rest of the team I'd say we have faced the first hurdle and that is one of monumental importance. We know the makeup of this team and words doesn't do it justice when I say there is no team with any bigger heart that will be ready to punch them in the mouth. Anything else would be defeat and it's not in their vocabulary. We may still lose and may possibly lose big, but it won't be because we came in thinking we were beat before we even play. They knew most thought they wouldn't get past CA (not really sure why-people just didn't know what we had or were capable of) but our boys weren't convinced because they watched the film and knew what they had to do and got it done. OnB it feels good to be a huge underdog!

I keep trying to tell everyone we are the underdog.LOL.NOW WE ARE!!After seeing the looks in those kids eyes Fri it reminded me just how special that was(you know it also)so all this other stuff is miniscule!They made it they deserve it,and all this negativity means nothing.People are trying to intimidate them and I know it won't work,the boys will play and whatever happens happens!A lot are upset and a little jealous just like we were last he by getting knocked out,all we can do is show up and do what we have done all he just play. Edited by orngnblk

Congrats on your team making the big dance! But your teams season will be ended by the same team that ended my teams.

I have to beg your pardon,but our team is ending their season just like they set out to and that is playing the last game of the year.We are both ending the season,they put you all out early.Not much of a difference but still a difference.😀

Just what do you mean by "you people" :roflol:

Heck I know ya like 'em fine, just gets old hearing how awesome EVERYBODY west of here is in every post. You feel like the west is unbeatable, we get that, got anything else to talk about :popcorneater:

Bass is a good guy but for sure the one you hope doesn't show up at family gatherings. Lol Edited by BABIEC

Yep,, the curriculum demands at Ensworth is a lil bit higher standard than at NC, please don't misunstand that statement because in no way am I attacking the education at NC ! There are educational demands at all schools and when you get into the private sector of things some require more curriculum demands than others and that's why some student athletes are enrolled at NC,,,, jus as Antonio ( tiny ) Richardson ( originally from MTP ) had trouble passing the grade at Ensworth and had to enroll at pearl Cohn his sr yr,,, there are no personal attacks involving any educational institution, coach or player within my statement, jus trying to enlighten folks to how these star athletes may have selected NC for their education,, kuddos to those parents whom expect and desire for their kids to have top notch education and become productive citizens of our society, whether public or private higher education is important !

We wouldn't leave our kid flapping in the wind like that. He would get tutoring, miss practice to do homework, heck something before it ever got to that point.You're not going to get a fake grade here. You are going to earn what you get and you are going to graduate knowing how to study like it or not. And we have enough people involved with the school that care about all our kids enough to pitch in when needed. That's the difference btw us and Ensworth. But as to why star athletes would want to play for Coach Brothers... really??

All of you people keep talking about the "unfair advantage" that privates have. I'm going to make it real simple for you and point to the "real advantage" we have. WE WORK!!!! I look at some (not all) the teams we play on film and I see them get off the bus, and I see out of shape, flabby, soft looking kids who have half committed to football. Last week I saw scrawny little backs and fat linemen with guts hanging over their sweat pants get off the bus when the so called "track team" came to our school. I knew right then we would be in Cookeville. BTW, one of these flabby out of shape teams I have seen this year just happens to be a PRIVATE SCHOOL!! Columbia Academy is one of the worst looking teams I have seen this year. WC would have beaten them by four scores. So, quit your whining and start working. It is weights and running about 350 days a year.

You will we a fine looking team Fri.Our workout schedule is second to none for such a small public school.

Bass is a good guy but for sure the one you hope doesn't show up at family gatherings. Lol

Pert near sure the Jasper kinfolkes and most in the west would love to have Barney stroke their egos come visiting time...recon Barney must keep up a HEEP with feuding, be twitched Barney (Ambassador), Otis (Murphy) & Goober (Roy) it is easy for us coacht fellers to stay informed! LOPAO...

All of you people keep talking about the "unfair advantage" that privates have. I'm going to make it real simple for you and point to the "real advantage" we have. WE WORK!!!! I look at some (not all) the teams we play on film and I see them get off the bus, and I see out of shape, flabby, soft looking kids who have half committed to football. Last week I saw scrawny little backs and fat linemen with guts hanging over their sweat pants get off the bus when Peabody came to our school. I knew right then we would be in Cookeville. Some of you might think that I'm a terrible person for saying this about your kids, but it is the truth. If you are an athlete, you have to train and live like one. BTW, one of these flabby out of shape teams I have seen this year just happens to be a PRIVATE SCHOOL!! Columbia Academy is one of the worst looking teams in the playoffs. WC would have beaten them by four scores. So, quit your whining and start working. It is weights and running about 350 days a year.

I have been around football for a very long time. The private schools outwork us crap doesn't fly here. At SP we have played and beaten a lot of private schools through the years, but the fact remains you have an advantage that most schools don't have. You are getting ready to play a small, rural, country school in Greenback. They were the best team in the east this season. They deserve to be there. I know that NCS will beat them badly in Cookeville, but the junk talking about sloppy looking kids and out working public schools is crap. You have great looking kids because they come from the Nashville area. The Greenback kids will come from a 10 mile radius. Yes, there is a big difference.

I have been around football for a very long time. The private schools outwork us crap doesn't fly here. At SP we have played and beaten a lot of private schools through the years, but the fact remains you have an advantage that most schools don't have. You are getting ready to play a small, rural, country school in Greenback. They were the best team in the east this season. They deserve to be there. I know that NCS will beat them badly in Cookeville, but the junk talking about sloppy looking kids and out working public schools is crap. You have great looking kids because they come from the Nashville area. The Greenback kids will come from a 10 mile radius. Yes, there is a big difference.

Good Post Ambassador!I just hope we can line up in the right formation and not jump offsides!But don't think for one minute we arnt gonna bring it!

Orngeblk we have talked for years on here. You have agreed with me the past two years that whoever represented the east in 2014 and 2015 would be mercy ruled. Just curious what has changed your opinion? The couple of transfers? Just your love for Greenback? Didn't know what had caused the sudden change of heart with the way you have felt.