Ravunwould agin Mairvul (tha reemaitch)

STARSNBARS

That's Spanky. I'm siting beside him yelling Drag That Box!! After Spanky yell Move them Chains" Stars is 3 rows behind yelling at the opponents safety "YOU BETTER BACK UP #?? ITS COMING YOUR WAY!!" You should have introduced yourself. We love meeting people from other schools.

Ha... I heard you all. Oakland's #7 had a tough time keeping up with your #6 WR (the slow white guy...ha ha) You guys kept chanting LSU when he caught the ball....did he sign with LSU?

So I went to The Skeeter and watched both the Qtr Final and Semi Final games....and sat on Red Rebels side both time. Dang, you guys have a good football team.

Starz - is it you or Spanky that stands most of the game, about the 40 yd line...yells every punt and kick-off return- "TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE"....yells every 1st down "MOVE THE CHAINS" 

Ewe shood haiv looked us upp UD.....Buy tha way...Me and momma plain on comin' two Kangport necks yeer and checkin out thait knew Uppur Deck.....Reckon if'un hit wood holt momma upp....???..... :huh:

Looking forward to another great game between these two schools. Last year both fan bases and student sections created a fantastic environment for high school football and I look forward to more of the same last year.

Looking at the film from last year, # 27 (i think) for MHS was a game changer. Many people say that RHS fell apart that game, but that is not how I see it. MHS was put in a situation where ther kids faced a ton of adversity, and they did not blink. They simply strapped up and went to work.

RHS didn't stop playing. They didn't start making silly mistakes. They did everything they needed to do to win a championship. Recent Mr. Football winner has a chip shot field goal to win the game? I would take that every time...I guarantee you RHS would take that same opportunity again this year in a heartbeat. The kid from Maryville did what champions do and made a play to send it to overtime. 

I have never heard any of the coaches second guess going for two. The only thing I have heard is that if they had it to do over again, they would have rolled out the QB and gave him a run/pass option. Regardless, the play was open for a split second, Maryville just made a play to win the game.

Will this year's game live up to last year's? I don't know.

MHS is a well oiled machine and their kids expect to win every time they step on the field. That is a confidence bought and paid for by all the championship teams that came before them.

RHS has a legacy of winning as well. Though not as storied (they have only been in existence since 2002). But in thirteen years they have one state championship and two state runners up. Not too shabby. Since Will Hester has been at the helm the last three years, RHS record is 37-4. With three district titles and a state runner up. Again, not too shabby.

All public schools should aspire to reach the level of MHS. The staff @ RHS has a TON of respect for what MHS has accomplished and for Coach Quarles and his staff.

As for the game itself, RHS has been out-sized and out-athleted in the majority of their games this year. They play hard and disciplined, and, like Maryville, they never give up and never expect to lose. I do think they will present a different challenge for Maryville than the Blackman's and Oakland's of the world. Those teams have great success at lining up and pounding teams into submission. I think it is painfully clear to Rutherford County that strategy won't work on Maryville.

RHS, if they have any success, will find it in the schemes they run and mismatches they can create. I would venture to guess that Maryville is not always the biggest and the strongest, and RHS is never the biggest and strongest.

Should be a great chess match Saturday night. Good luck to all and congrats on a successful season regardless of the outcome.

Looking forward to another great game between these two schools. Last year both fan bases and student sections created a fantastic environment for high school football and I look forward to more of the same last year.

Looking at the film from last year, # 27 (i think) for MHS was a game changer. Many people say that RHS fell apart that game, but that is not how I see it. MHS was put in a situation where ther kids faced a ton of adversity, and they did not blink. They simply strapped up and went to work.

RHS didn't stop playing. They didn't start making silly mistakes. They did everything they needed to do to win a championship. Recent Mr. Football winner has a chip shot field goal to win the game? I would take that every time...I guarantee you RHS would take that same opportunity again this year in a heartbeat. The kid from Maryville did what champions do and made a play to send it to overtime. 

I have never heard any of the coaches second guess going for two. The only thing I have heard is that if they had it to do over again, they would have rolled out the QB and gave him a run/pass option. Regardless, the play was open for a split second, Maryville just made a play to win the game.

MHS is a well oiled machine and their kids expect to win every time they step on the field. That is a confidence bought and paid for by all the championship teams that came before them.

RHS has a legacy of winning as well. Though not as storied (they have only been in existence since 2002). But in thirteen years they have one state championship and two state runners up. Not too shabby. Since Will Hester has been at the helm the last three years, RHS record is 37-4. With three district titles and a state runner up. Again, not too shabby.

All public schools should aspire to reach the level of MHS. The staff @ RHS has a TON of respect for what MHS has accomplished and for Coach Quarles and his staff.

As for the game itself, RHS has been out-sized and out-athleted in the majority of their games this year. They play hard and disciplined, and, like Maryville, they never give up and never expect to lose. I do think they will present a different challenge for Maryville than the Blackman's and Oakland's of the world. Those teams have great success at lining up and pounding teams into submission. I think it is painfully clear to Rutherford County that strategy won't work on Maryville.

RHS, if they have any success, will find it in the schemes they run and mismatches they can create. I would venture to guess that Maryville is not always the biggest and the strongest, and RHS is never the biggest and strongest.

Should be a great chess match Saturday night. Good luck to all and congrats on a successful season regardless of the outcome.

nice post-can't wait to see the show!!!

#27 is Mr. Football winner today also.

Xelunt post... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

This is a great post , You can hear Coach Quarles on the Video telling Coach Hester it was a Gutsy call , and I agree it was . I was thinking this is what George would probably do . I have a special Place in my Heart for Ravenwood ... a Family member has probably had a hand in Coaching several of these guys when they were younger . Hopefully we can get this thread back on track and talk about Ravenwood / Maryville now . I don't know why but I didn't realize the RB's were Brothers till I read that Article , nice Article also , us Maryville fans crave any and all Articles pertaining to Football since our Local Paper is good for bottom of Bird Cages only .