Private vs Publics in Football Finals

footballfan24

It's a private school with a coach that has put someone in the NFL. He is a BA and Vanderbilt grad. And regardless of your opinion of him, he is a heck of a coach. People flock to success. Not sure who you are or the exact beef you have with him but your jealousy is overbearing. Every thread you pop off about it. Fact is we are fortunate to have a coach that people want to play for....period. And where have I rubbed anyone's face in anything. You keep taking your pot shots.

Who's your team? What's your beef with Brothers? Answer those for me. Educate me. You seem to know everything about everyone.

I have no beef with Brothers at all. Please find one post on the T where Ive been critical. You gloss over the fact that your school has no history of winning at this level nor having Div 1 talent. As far as Brothers is concerned hes a very nice guy and good coach but has no history of winning at a high level either. None. Thats not a slight against his coaching by any means but is based on his overall record. For you to disagree with both is simply not being reasonable.

The problem is you have repeatedly rubbed it in these guys faces that this is not unusual and that Brothers has been "successful" when both are factually incorrect. The whole "theres nothing to see here move along" mantra just doesnt work no matter how hard you try.

Taking the personal attack route by saying Im "jealous" is a bit much. I have no feelings about your school either way but I can see, with clarity, the obvious things I mentioned above. Im not sure why you cannot admit it?

Most will be in 2017

I'm sorry that's not good enough! All privates should be in D=2 or be made to play in 6A. Most 1A schools can't even get enough money from their counties cause they have to give it to the bigger schools. That's one reason we have trucks parked along the fences now and you have to pay to park at the football field is too help raise money for the team.

Private schools will split from tssaa in less than 10 years. You thought you hated them before. Just wait.

Won't change anything in these parts.Only urban area's will be effected. For my part I will love it as it may give the real rural schools a better chance. Hurry the heck up.

Private schools will split from tssaa in less than 10 years. You thought you hated them before. Just wait.

I disagree. Thats been said for 20 years. They wont do it because they dont want to govern themselves. Schools like Ensworth view the TSSAA as a "necessary evil" to keep things in order. Now, saying all private schools will be in DII is almost a certainty.

I disagree. Thats been said for 20 years. They wont do it because they dont want to govern themselves. Schools like Ensworth view the TSSAA as a "necessary evil" to keep things in order. Now, saying all private schools will be in DII is almost a certainty.

yes but now there's an actual plan.

I agree on D2. I have wanted to jump over for a while now.

Edited by orangeslice13

All of you people keep talking about the "unfair advantage" that privates have. I'm going to make it real simple for you and point to the "real advantage" we have. WE WORK!!!! I look at some (not all) the teams we play on film and I see them get off the bus, and I see out of shape, flabby, soft looking kids who have half committed to football. When Peabody came to town, I saw scrawny little backs and fat linemen with guts hanging over their sweat pants get off the bus. I knew right then we would be in Cookeville. Some of you might think that I'm a terrible person for saying this about your kids, but it is the truth. If you are an athlete, you have to train and live like one. BTW, one of these flabby out of shape teams I have seen this year just happens to be a PRIVATE SCHOOL!! Columbia Academy is one of the worst looking teams in the playoffs. WC would have beaten them by four scores. So, quit your whining and start working. It is weights and running about 350 days a year.

I responded to you on the other thread. Brothers helped bring in all the D1 talent period. NCS was always horrible before he came. All of a sudden all the D1 talent flocked to a program that was the laughing stock of private school football for years? Or your staff just turned these average players into D1 talent. Is that it? LMBO

I agree that private schools have an advantage.  Most, if not all, would admit to that.   However the 1.8 multiplier was put in by the voting powers of TSSAA to negate that advantage.   Has it accomplished that goal.  No it hasn't with 6 classes of football.  That is too many if the goal is to push privates to their own group.     A successful football team is about support, coaching, hard work, dedication and player development.  It doesn't matter if you are public or private if you do not have those things in place. Getting better and progressing is the key,  not eliminating better competition.

The open zoned schools with a history of winning will keep on winning and private schools with great coaches will continue to excel in any class you put them in.  

Talent? D@$! right, we have it, and aint gonna apologize for it. After all, someone has to have it, right? Is that an excuse for all of these terribly out of shape degenerate looking football teams that take the field on Friday nights? There aint another private school in 1A or D2 1A ball that can stay on the field with us! Your point is, as usual, pointless. BTW, how did those bold predictions about Huntingdon being more physical than we are go for ya? The rules change after next year. If all the non working, excuse making whiny butts dont want to play next year thats up to them. I got news for ya, that D2 1A division has a lot of flab too. They will be wishing we had stayed in 1A. It aint the division that makes a team, it is the coaches and the boys who make it.

I would ask for you to act like you've been here (the finals) before but I guess you can't. Some people just don't know how to handle success. This type of chest thumping and belittling is a big part of the complete dislike of private schools.

Edited by crow