Private vs Publics in Football Finals

footballfan24

but you only makes this argument when the privates are actually winning

No sir! I've been against the privates being in our division (1a) for 20 years. Especially after we lost to Ezell in Championship then Boyd in semis then CAK all in consecutive years. We were playing good old Roan Mtn boys. Raised right here in our community. But kept getting put out by D1 athletes that were assembled into a team

but you only makes this argument when the privates are actually winning

When was the last time that half of the 12 D1 teams in cookeville weren't private schools. If the public/private split was 50/50 I could see that but private schools only make up 14% of all high schools in Tennessee. That's before you take out those playing in D2 and the ones that don't play varsity football. Take those out and less than 10% of D1 schools are private yet they consistently make up 30-50% of the teams playing in championship games every year.

It will never be "fair" in my opinion so why complain about it. Life isn't fair.

That's true reaction. Let's all pay the same taxes, what's your vote, me and you to jump to the $200,000+ bracket or let them come down to ours? Some things need classification for a reason.

No sir! I've been against the privates being in our division (1a) for 20 years. Especially after we lost to Ezell in Championship then Boyd in semis then CAK all in consecutive years. We were playing good old Roan Mtn boys. Raised right here in our community. But kept getting put out by D1 athletes that were assembled into a team

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a private school state champion in 1A since 2007 and only like 6 private school champs in 1A since 1997

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a private school state champion in 1A since 2007 and only like 6 private school champs in 1A since 1997

Yes the Z plan was put in after 2008 so in 11 years 6 of the 11 were won by less than 10% of the schools. The Z plan put most private schools into 2A and 3A during that time. This year is a little different because of the super 32. They didn't divide all schools evenly. Just took the largest 32 then divided the rest by 5. That put more private schools in 1A again.

The only reason they aren't playing for their 3rd consecutive gold ball is UC. And everybody on here knows all about that situation. If the privates were on a level playing field, along with the open zoned publics, there wouldn't be any complaining. The only ones who make this argument are those of us from small rural schools. Those are the only ones at a disadvantage

What it really boils down to is are you the one with the advantages,if so  the others are whiners. They love it. Just depends which side of the fence your're on.