Private vs Publics in Football Finals

footballfan24

No sir! I've been against the privates being in our division (1a) for 20 years. Especially after we lost to Ezell in Championship then Boyd in semis then CAK all in consecutive years. We were playing good old Roan Mtn boys. Raised right here in our community. But kept getting put out by D1 athletes that were assembled into a team

And its unfair as heck, Roan Mt has very little in common with lots of teams they've played over the years. Roan Mt is RURAL.

NCS has been to the championship game one time (this year) in its history dating back to the early 1970's. So tell me is 1 time in about 45 years too often to go. I think if you told Trousdale, Union City, Huntingdon, South Pitt, or Gordonsville they could go once every 45 years they wouldn't like that too much. But hey, there's got to be something to talk about I guess.

Thats a terrible argument. Your school has only been good since Brothers arrived. In the history of your school you've not had this many D1 prospects total nor have you produced consistent results on the field.

So in all those years it just so happens this talent chose your very small school, with no history of winning, over all the other very successful schools in that area?

Holywood could write that and nobody would believe it. Just be honest about it.

Congrats on making it to the final though.

• Upvote 1

Thats a terrible argument. Your school has only been good since Brothers arrived. In the history of your school you've not had this many D1 prospects total nor have you produced consistent results on the field.

So in all those years it just so happens this talent chose your very small school, with no history of winning, over all the other very successful schools in that area?

Holywood could write that and nobody would believe it. Just be honest about it.

Congrats on making it to the final though.

so only good private schools should have to go D2?

All Memphis ,Nashville ,Knoxville schools private or public should all play d2. So us small schools could get our participation trophy.lol

Ever think that a given school could have more talent in one year that some of the others could have in a 30 year stretch. That situation only happens in large Urban areas. That's the biggest thing that should be addressed. If you think the drawing pool is any near the same ,you need a dose of reality. That's just the facts of the matter.

Ever think that a given school could have more talent in one year that some of the others could have in a 30 year stretch. That situation only happens in large Urban areas. That's the biggest thing that should be addressed. If you think the drawing pool is any near the same ,you need a dose of reality. That's just the facts of the matter.

if you don't realize the sarcasm in that post you need a dose of common sense

That's true reaction. Let's all pay the same taxes, what's your vote, me and you to jump to the $200,000+ bracket or let them come down to ours? Some things need classification for a reason.

+1

Nothing against BB or other privates and I like ole reaction....But this post needs reposted on every private/public thread