Private vs Publics in Football Finals

footballfan24

Huh? What? Did someone say something? I couldn't hear you because of the basketballs bouncing around in warmups....My team is busy getting hammered in hoops right now, so you silly football guys just go ahead with your little tiff without me....(hehehe....darn is it football season 2016 yet?)

while your at it...tell all the niplet huggers what ole Green Devil girls did to all those privates in Murfreesboro a few weeks back.....while your at it; tell us about that pick of Marshall kickin the boogers outta those other Catholics

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us not in the know could either of you all share what has been decided?

I guess nobody wanted to respond to you, here is what the TSSAA passed in September:

- "Under the new rules, any school that charges tuition can not offer student employment, more commonly known as work study, to the student or anyone in their immediate family and remain in Division I. Also, it will be considered financial aid if any loan, grant, educational foundation or similar program established in whole or in part, by a school for a student/athlete.

The council also addressed a portion of the recruiting concerns by passing a rule that states if a student transfers into a new school where an "athletic coaching link" existed in the past 12 months with a coach at that school, the student-athlete will be deemed ineligible for 12 months."

So basically any programs doing the above things will need to identify themselves and move to DII.

oh how Booger would like to have that trophy case...actually would take half that...Milan dont miond a little competition.....the Irish have been beat up by the PUBs so bad over time it ant funny.....not so much under Fant tho

if we won ever regular season game from here to ternity and lost the 1st playoff game; those same cheese line flea marketin whiners would still complain bout ND

ask Alcoee which Privates they are scared of

Booger just sayin

Thanks for the compliment Boog. Having more silver than gold has drawn some negative comments over the years. People saying we are the Atlanta Braves or the Buffalo Bills of hs football. But that's ok. We got some gold too. And I am proud of the tradition Milan has established. Besides most of the negative comments came from people sitting at home watching as play in the championship anyway. :)

A lot more runner-ups?? We have 4 gold and 5 silver. I don't know that 1 more equals a lot. We have lost in the championship twice to private schools. But we have a winning record all time against them. Multiple wins against USJ, JCS, MUS, Goodpasture and CPA. We are not scared to play them. Yes we have some losses but more wins overall. Playing the best makes you better. Bring 'em on!!!!

How many of those did you win after the good privates moved out of the class/division?

How many of those did you win after the good privates moved out of the class/division?

Hard to give you an accurate answer the way you phrased that question. I would say all the privates we played in the playoffs have always been dang good teams. However we had 2 gold and 1 silver when there were 3 classes and everyone played together. I think that would probably answer your question.

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Thanks for the compliment Boog. Having more silver than gold has drawn some negative comments over the years. People saying we are the Atlanta Braves or the Buffalo Bills of hs football. But that's ok. We got some gold too. And I am proud of the tradition Milan has established. Besides most of the negative comments came from people sitting at home watching as play in the championship anyway. :)

Hold up I'm a bills fan...lol

I guess nobody wanted to respond to you, here is what the TSSAA passed in September:

- "Under the new rules, any school that charges tuition can not offer student employment, more commonly known as work study, to the student or anyone in their immediate family and remain in Division I. Also, it will be considered financial aid if any loan, grant, educational foundation or similar program established in whole or in part, by a school for a student/athlete.

The council also addressed a portion of the recruiting concerns by passing a rule that states if a student transfers into a new school where an "athletic coaching link" existed in the past 12 months with a coach at that school, the student-athlete will be deemed ineligible for 12 months."

So basically any programs doing the above things will need to identify themselves and move to DII.

Does that go for publics too? Quite a few publics charge tuition for out of zone students.  Or is that rule apply for private schools only?  What about high school boys coaches who coach girls AAU or a girls coach who coaches boys AAU, and the athlete show up at the high school that coach works for?  Or the same coaches that coach middle school or elementary age AAU teams?

Edited by QSouth89