Private vs Publics in Football Finals

footballfan24

This is where these threads usually morph into:

OZ > Private > Public

But that really isn't the issue. Any school/community/district that is willing and able to commit a significant amount of money and resources to their football program can be successful. Some are willing, but not able. Some are able, but not willing. Very few actually do it.

If people really want a more level playing field, we would need divisions similar to the NCAA's (FBS, FCS, DII, DIII), but I can't for the life of me figure out how those would be defined.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OZ > Private > Public

But that really isn't the issue. Any school/community/district that is willing and able to commit a significant amount of money and resources to their football program can be successful. Some are willing, but not able. Some are able, but not willing. Very few actually do it.

If people really want a more level playing field, we would need divisions similar to the NCAA's (FBS, FCS, DII, DIII), but I can't for the life of me figure out how those would be defined.

Merit/success advancement and school size combination, maybe with a limit on how many classes a school can be moved up unless it's by choice. Bring back MBA and the rest, most of the top private schools would choose to move up to the highest class.

OZ > Private > Public

But that really isn't the issue. Any school/community/district that is willing and able to commit a significant amount of money and resources to their football program can be successful. Some are willing, but not able. Some are able, but not willing. Very few actually do it.

If people really want a more level playing field, we would need divisions similar to the NCAA's (FBS, FCS, DII, DIII), but I can't for the life of me figure out how those would be defined.

4 Public School Divisions

3 Private School Divisions that are made up of every private school across the state

It would never fly though because the TSSAA would be losing a state title game in the process

I am familiar with open zoned and private schools, but what advantage does a Magnet school have over a true public school? Since Pearl is a Magnet school. Just curious.

Nothing its just a name. I don't even know why it's a magnet and I went there lol. Now most of metro schools area open zones because of the law about equal education opportunities.

OZ > Private > Public

Great post...That would be a major problem

I'll bring it up...For ANYONE to say the playing field is equal take a look at this...

A Championship - Greenback(Public) vs NCS(Private)

AAA Championship - Alcoa(Public) vs CPA(Private) 

AAAA Championship - Pearl Cohn(Public) vs Knox Catholic(Private)

I may be off a couple, but I think it is pretty accurate.

are you Boohoos snot snivlin brother or are you from the cumberland plattoe.....

looks as if everyone involved has a 50-50 chance of winning.....actually Booger corrects Booger

you left out AA, AAAAA, AAAAAA. so let Booger help your bias whinin pot stirrin self out with what you intentianlly chose to leave out to make a worthless point

it appears that in 3 of the classes; there is a 50-50 chance that it could be a PUB or Private Champion.....it also appears that in the other 3 classess; there is a 100 % chance of Champion....prety sure that makes it bout 75% combined chance that a PUB will win a Championship......thats Math w/ Booger

A Championship - Greenback(Public) vs NCS(Private)

AA Championship - Trezevant (    ) vs Marion County (    )

AAA Championship - Alcoa(Public) vs CPA(Private) 

AAAA Championship - Pearl Cohn(Public) vs Knox Catholic(Private)

AAAAA Championship - Sevier County (    ) vs Independence (    )

AAAAAA Championship - Maryville (    ) vs Ravenwood (    )

AA, AAAAA, and AAAAAA have purposely been left without a PUB/Private title for you to feel in just to help us all out.....we are all waitin

Booger just sayin crybaby.gif