Pearl-Cohn vs Knoxville Catholic Class 4A State Title Game

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Pearl beat Lipscomb in the second round they made big plays including a huge run by #2 and a punt return for a TD by #2. Lipscomb's size up front game them trouble in that game and they were able to win it with big plays.

I figured the Knoxville Catholic game would be a same story type of case but apparently Catholic has skilled guys to go with their linemen as well.

Great team Catholic has

Oh yeah no doubt whoever would come out of that district would be battle tested for sure... It will be a gauntlet next year again Fulton Greenville and Catholic all will be very solid...

That's what is pushing each other to get better is who is going to be the best out of the 3. Alot returning for all 3 teams

Now we talking I was waiting on something like this to be said. Ok lil cats now yall beat MC and yall chest all pump out. No lil cats will never mercy rule a firebird just not possible lil cats.

Not here to rub anything in Firebird, just here to remind you what i said at the beginning of this thread....that Catholic might mercy rule the birds....i said that because i saw first hand what they are capable of. No disrespect meant towards you OR the firebirds, yall played a tough schedule and made it to the final game as a result of that. I personally think there's maybe only 2 or 3 teams in the entire state right now that could beat Catholic....Maryville, Independance and maybe....just maybe The team Murvul plays tonight...there name escapes me....anyway, congrats on a great season firebirds and congrats to the Irish for winning the gold. See you boys next season sometime around round 2 or 3....Have great basketball seasons everyone....we've already gotten ours started...LOL

No I meant what happened in that Greenville/trezevant game. It was being talked about on another post as well

Multiple late hits, hits on the defensless holder on ep, ejections, and deflated tires on the players bus for the ride home. TSSAA suspended them from post season play for it

That's what is pushing each other to get better is who is going to be the best out of the 3. Alot returning for all 3 teams

I think those 3 and Marshall would be the top 4. I wish that the TSSAA could come up with a way of reseeding after the second round (final 16) to try and get the 2 best teams in the championship. Also wish this season Indy could play Maryville. Centennial beat the brakes off Ravenwood and Indy beat Centennial by 40 twice. Oh well congrats to all the teams that made it to Championship. No matter the score it is always something to be proud of.

I think those 3 and Marshall would be the top 4. I wish that the TSSAA could come up with a way of reseeding after the second round (final 16) to try and get the 2 best teams in the championship. Also wish this season Indy could play Maryville. Centennial beat the brakes off Ravenwood and Indy beat Centennial by 40 twice. Oh well congrats to all the teams that made it to Championship. No matter the score it is always something to be proud of.

Ravenwood also looked very impressive when they squared off against Indy in the preseason