Pearl-Cohn vs Knoxville Catholic Class 4A State Title Game

I agree.  Don't let Devil fans or bitter, whiny MC fans provide bulletin board material against the Irish.  Nothing but respect for the Firebirds in Irish nation. This could be THE  game of the weekend.  From what we hear and see, PC has an abundance of playmakers, athletes in all three phases and big physical kids that can get the job done up front.  QB (2,500+ yds), big time WR (30+ D1 offers) and a 1,000yd rusher makes you guys very scary and versatile on offense.  The key for the Irish might be if they can handle the dual threat QB.  I don't think Catholic has faced a legit dual threat QB.  The Firebirds are also well coached like the Irish and both teams have weathered  a tough schedule so this one should be more than worth the price of admission.  That being said, I think whoever wins the turnover battle and makes the fewest mistakes (penalties, bad snaps, etc.) is likely to win this game.  Go Irish!!

The QB at Belfry was a dual threat.  More of a runner then a passer.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks QSouth89, you just confirmed my fear that a dual threat QB could be a real threat to the Irish D.  

On a side note, FBfan26, does the PC band still do a dramatic entrance into the game/stands during the first quarter like they used to?  Our bagpipe entrance is pretty cool but might have to give the early game swag advantage to the Firebirds if the band still does the grand entrance in the 1st Q.

Thanks QSouth89, you just confirmed my fear that a dual threat QB could be a real threat to the Irish D.

On a side note, FBfan26, does the PC band still do a dramatic entrance into the game/stands during the first quarter like they used to? Our bagpipe entrance is pretty cool but might have to give the early game swag advantage to the Firebirds if the band still does the grand entrance in the 1st Q.

Lol ya they still do there grand entrance. I don't know if the whole band is coming but they will put on a show. I think the Drumline is performing at Halftime but not sure.

Lol ya they still do there grand entrance. I don't know if the whole band is coming but they will put on a show. I think the Drumline is performing at Halftime but not sure.

Yes they will .. went to 2 games at PC when Fulton played there in late 2000's .. it was very entertaining .. loved it ... the announcer there was great .. YIP, YIP .. dont play with it  .. etc ... he has alot of sayings .... the majorettes and band are really good ... played all the time .. during game etc ... 

I agree.  Don't let Devil fans or bitter, whiny MC fans provide bulletin board material against the Irish.  Nothing but respect for the Firebirds in Irish nation. This could be THE  game of the weekend.  From what we hear and see, PC has an abundance of playmakers, athletes in all three phases and big physical kids that can get the job done up front.  QB (2,500+ yds), big time WR (30+ D1 offers) and a 1,000yd rusher makes you guys very scary and versatile on offense.  The key for the Irish might be if they can handle the dual threat QB.  I don't think Catholic has faced a legit dual threat QB.  The Firebirds are also well coached like the Irish and both teams have weathered  a tough schedule so this one should be more than worth the price of admission.  That being said, I think whoever wins the turnover battle and makes the fewest mistakes (penalties, bad snaps, etc.) is likely to win this game.  Go Irish!!

OK im here to ask what the Devils did  now , lol  - this should be a really good game got the chance to watch cath play in person and im here to say Greeneville had no answer for them , really don't know a lot about Pc I think they had a really good RB a few years ago but here on the east side just don't get the pleasure of getting to watch some of the west sides game wish that someone in the middle of the state would get involved with tv games on that side of the state - chat has some very players all over the field but that young man #36 Chase Kuerschen  was all over the field against the devils and I thought he was the one that changed the game - all the best to Catholic bring it home...............

Aw ok we apologize. We can go both ways we can keep it clean or we can talk a lil bit. But tell that Greenville fans to watch us play on TV...lol

oh i will be watching. I have no rooting interest in this game at all, i just think Catholic is on fire right now.....so maybe mercy ruling you guys might be a crazy thought, but i've seen teams get mercy ruled in cookeville, so it CAN happen and catholic has the offense to score piles of points in a hurry....saw that first hand 2 weeks ago.

We respect what east tn teams have done! But we trying to change that and bring that gold ball back to Middle TN.

better get it this year then....catholic brings most everyone back, fulton will be better and ofcourse i think my Devils will be in the mix again next year....if central tn. dont get a gold ball this year, i dont know when it will happen. for my money, as long as one particular memphis bunch never wins a gold ball, im good.....hint....( they couldnt get it done in 4a, so they skipped right on past 3a and alcoa and now reside in 2a....LOL)