Pearl-Cohn vs Knoxville Catholic Class 4A State Title Game

I can understand East TN going for East TN schools but come on let's be real. Mercy rule,blowout,21+ points. These sounds like the Memphis East/Memphis folk who said they was bring a butt whooping from memphis. Don't be surprised about the underdogs....

I agree.  Don't let Devil fans or bitter, whiny MC fans provide bulletin board material against the Irish.  Nothing but respect for the Firebirds in Irish nation. This could be THE  game of the weekend.  From what we hear and see, PC has an abundance of playmakers, athletes in all three phases and big physical kids that can get the job done up front.  QB (2,500+ yds), big time WR (30+ D1 offers) and a 1,000yd rusher makes you guys very scary and versatile on offense.  The key for the Irish might be if they can handle the dual threat QB.  I don't think Catholic has faced a legit dual threat QB.  The Firebirds are also well coached like the Irish and both teams have weathered  a tough schedule so this one should be more than worth the price of admission.  That being said, I think whoever wins the turnover battle and makes the fewest mistakes (penalties, bad snaps, etc.) is likely to win this game.  Go Irish!!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that this may be the best game of the weekend. Having seen Pearl Cohn three times this year, their only weak spot is their place kicking game. They would be in trouble if this game came down to a FG or XP to decide it. I would think the Firebird posters on here would agree with that. I also think what has pushed PC over the bump this year is the play of their OL/DL and defense in particular. Looking forward to seeing this matchup on the field.

I agree that this may be the best game of the weekend. Having seen Pearl Cohn three times this year, their only weak spot is their place kicking game. They would be in trouble if this game came down to a FG or XP to decide it. I would think the Firebird posters on here would agree with that. I also think what has pushed PC over the bump this year is the play of their OL/DL and defense in particular. Looking forward to seeing this matchup on the field.

I agree xp has been bad this year for sure.

I agree. Don't let Devil fans or bitter, whiny MC fans provide bulletin board material against the Irish. Nothing but respect for the Firebirds in Irish nation. This could be THE game of the weekend. From what we hear and see, PC has an abundance of playmakers, athletes in all three phases and big physical kids that can get the job done up front. QB (2,500+ yds), big time WR (30+ D1 offers) and a 1,000yd rusher makes you guys very scary and versatile on offense. The key for the Irish might be if they can handle the dual threat QB. I don't think Catholic has faced a legit dual threat QB. The Firebirds are also well coached like the Irish and both teams have weathered a tough schedule so this one should be more than worth the price of admission. That being said, I think whoever wins the turnover battle and makes the fewest mistakes (penalties, bad snaps, etc.) is likely to win this game. Go Irish!!

Who would be the whining MC fan?

Who would be the whining MC fan?

He is referring to you. I learned after our game against you all that any opinion that defers is seen as whining. Now I don't think you are whining at all... Just stating what could have been. But much like you called me a whiner for doing the same thing after our game you are now reaping the same BS.

He is referring to you. I learned after our game against you all that any opinion that defers is seen as whining. Now I don't think you are whining at all... Just stating what could have been. But much like you called me a whiner for doing the same thing after our game you are now reaping the same BS.

Nowhere in any post about this game did I whine about anything. You never stated what could have been in our game against SH. You took shots at our players and coach and that's where I took issue. Had you posted anything near what I posted in this thread all would have been fine and dandy. I have nothing but good things to say about Catholic. They didn't play dirty taunt or any of that. Very good football team. The only thing remotly close to negative that I said was I thought one of their guys should have been flagged for a helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless receiver that resulted in our guy receiving a pretty nasty concussion. In hindsight it could have went either way because I think he was making a play for the ball and not the receiver.If that is whining I'll wear that label with pride! Edited by leadfarmer

I agree. Don't let Devil fans or bitter, whiny MC fans provide bulletin board material against the Irish. Nothing but respect for the Firebirds in Irish nation. This could be THE game of the weekend. From what we hear and see, PC has an abundance of playmakers, athletes in all three phases and big physical kids that can get the job done up front. QB (2,500+ yds), big time WR (30+ D1 offers) and a 1,000yd rusher makes you guys very scary and versatile on offense. The key for the Irish might be if they can handle the dual threat QB. I don't think Catholic has faced a legit dual threat QB. The Firebirds are also well coached like the Irish and both teams have weathered a tough schedule so this one should be more than worth the price of admission. That being said, I think whoever wins the turnover battle and makes the fewest mistakes (penalties, bad snaps, etc.) is likely to win this game. Go Irish!!

+1