private vs public in football final

Indian

They did beat the 3a state champs while they were on parole. Pretty much been in the top 5 every single year. They've done alright.

I never said they didn't do alright. I responded to the guy making a claimed that concord just started and within 3 or 4 years they would be dominating rural 1A or 2a teams just because they are private. Like i stated grace has been around longer and can't make that claim because guess who has put them out of the playoff public hampton,marion, trousdale...etc

Bullcrap. They are in the state final in EVERY sport every year. Football is the only exception. 2010 they were undefeated in regular season because they got caught CHEATING and were barred from post-season play. That team would have probably played for a state title. We'll never know because they had to serve their T$$AA jail sentence. Baseball, softball, basketball, volleyball....... They are the best team money can buy. Playing in a public school region. Move them to D-II and they can't compete. The school will close

Can't call bullcrap when I stated that the have never won a state Football title! Read the title of the discussion. Private vs public in FOOTBALL final. The point was that just because you are private doesn't mean your going to be killing teams in 3 or 4 years

Can't call bullcrap when I stated that the have never won a state Football title! Read the title of the discussion. Private vs public in FOOTBALL final. The point was that just because you are private doesn't mean your going to be killing teams in 3 or 4 years

When did GCA start playing varsity football?

3 or 4 more years? Grace has been around for longer than that and still hasnt won a state championship in football. Stop exaggerating!

I'm not exaggerating! I've seen GCA go from a Concord looking team back in 05 or so to where they are now. May not have State titles but they go several rounds deep every year usually putting out public schools along the way. GCA has built a program that will have a chance at a title year in year out...and they did it in less than 5 or 6 years!

I'm not exaggerating! I've seen GCA go from a Concord looking team back in 05 or so to where they are now. May not have State titles but they go several rounds deep every year usually putting out public schools along the way. GCA has built a program that will have a chance at a title year in year out...and they did it in less than 5 or 6 years!

Started in 04 there were 1-8, 05 2-8, 06 4-7, 07 6-5. Started recruiting and then in 08 they go 10-2 loosing to a small public school in Greeneback by 25. 09 go 11-2 and getting it handed to them by guess what another small public school South Pittsburg 57-13. 10 they are 7-4 and get caught cheating and banned from play-offs. the 11 team still had those kids recruited on it as seniors (I personally know the one student athlete) and go 10-0. they go 10-2 in 12 and 12-1 in 2013 and get beat again by a small public school. last year they go 10-4 and get beat my more than one rural schools, and go 6-6 this year losing to more small public schools.

outside of the years they recruited and finally got caught they have been an average football team. To say that concord is going to be able to handle 1a and 2a schools in the next 3-4 years would mean you think they would cheat like GCA did.

Edited by Swipes

I think they are DONE for a while.Its gonna take a slew of transfers to compete next year. After this season.i think people will be looking elsewhere. They may have to pay people to come in. LOL