private vs public in football final

Indian

Most public schools have went to  H e l l  in a hand basket and that is the reason these private schools are in existence. Bad experiences in public schools are why these families are sending their kids to these schools not football. What Doe Doe bird in his right mind would take a kid with any chance of college football potential and transfer their kid to a 2A school like GCA hoping for a big time school to come find them. That is the reason Randall Cobb of Alcoa was over looked by everyone because of the type of competition he played against. I know most on here hate GCA but I watched them play a couple of times this year and I'm telling you all the biggest difference I see in them and some of their weaker competition is that most of their kids have been playing organized football in some way or the other most of their lives. This football powerhouse that most people have in their minds about GCA is BS.  I would bet anything they go 3-7 or 4-6 next year losing that many seniors. When your starting an eighth grader in the line tells me all I need to know about 2A.

Better check out the NCS  roster, several d1 kids on that team. CAK seems to do pretty well also. A lot more d1 kids in the small privates than the comp they want to play.

Sox, we start full pads here in kindergarten....This unit that just played their last game together played since kindergarten for the most part.

But. in the end, these smaller schools field only 11-15 that can compete and win

You all had a great team because of that. I don't know what went wrong other than the qb getting hurt in the last game but you all did lose to a team that is in the same boat as you all are in. Look at your record the past couple of years. I'm very impressed by Hampton's record and a lot of that has to do with those kids learning and staying together all those years. It don't mean your going to win it all but they have nothing to be ashamed of by any means. You don't think GCA wasn't impressed how you all handled them. They know you all took them to the wood shed.

You all had a great team because of that. I don't know what went wrong other than the qb getting hurt in the last game but you all did lose to a team that is in the same boat as you all are in. Look at your record the past couple of years. I'm very impressed by Hampton's record and a lot of that has to do with those kids learning and staying together all those years. It don't mean your going to win it all but they have nothing to be ashamed of by any means. You don't think GCA wasn't impressed how you all handled them. They know you all took them to the wood shed.

We don't have those teams near as often as others....You saw Friday what happens to the small school teams when a player that plays O and D leaves the game...Yes we lost the QB, but his play on D was missed more....And that would've been the case had we lost Lunsford, McClain, Etc

I wouldn't put us and MC in the same boat tho

If you will look back at Cloudlands record from 1988 through 2003 and then look at Hampton since that time you will find a common denominator. As far as what went wrong against Marion Co, pretty much anything that could.

It seems to me the closer the school is to the kids that go there the better the situation they have regarding the football program also. Alcoa and Maryville kids are ten minutes away from school in most cases. When we're playing against heritage or William Blount their kids may be an hour away. Those things have a factor in the equation as well. I guess we would have to bring in Albert Einstein to figure this out some fair way.

It seems to me the closer the school is to the kids that go there the better the situation they have regarding the football program also. Alcoa and Maryville kids are ten minutes away from school in most cases. When we're playing against heritage or William Blount their kids may be an hour away. Those things have a factor in the equation as well. I guess we would have to bring in Albert Einstein to figure this out some fair way.

That is a GREAT point Barney.

Not sure where he ever landed but I know where the receiver is.

CAK and Catholic have been the two private schools that have dominated bringing in those type players. Both schools should be playing one class higher and I will say this to be fair that GCA should also be one class higher if things were figured out on the barometer I've been talking about. Alcoa should be two classes higher. Might make some mad at me for saying that but that is what should happen.

CAK and Catholic have been the two private schools that have dominated bringing in those type players. Both schools should be playing one class higher and I will say this to be fair that GCA should also be one class higher if things were figured out on the barometer I've been talking about. Alcoa should be two classes higher. Might make some mad at me for saying that but that is what should happen.

I agree totally and its really about the potential drawing pool . Some people get the kids and others lose um. Our County is strange, several go to Etown  but the rest pretty much stay where they grew up.