private vs public in football final

Indian

this is a perfect time to talk about the difference. thank you for bringing it up. here are the things I know. I know 9/10 or possible 10/10 haters on this thread against a split are from private schools.the second thing I know is this : this past summer there was more money spent from privates (athletic directors and other interested parties in their programs) burning up the roads paying personal visits to the T$$AA snd its board of directors trying to lobby for their vote against the proposed split. What else went on we can only guess. Also I do know that if I were a private coach, booster, administrator, a.d. I would not want my program to have to compete against other privates it would devastate our program.

kinda weird when you go to a state championship game (aville vs. fca 3 years ago) and employees of the T$$aa say "we hope the public school wins good luck" we are rooting for you".

makes one say, then do something about it. but then you realize its all about $$$$money$$$$ and who can influence the powers that be the most.

Edited by 9oldschool5

this is a perfect time to talk about the difference. thank you for bringing it up. here are the things I know. I know 9/10 or possible 10/10 haters on this thread against a split are from private schools.the second thing I know is this : this past summer there was more money spent from privates (athletic directors and other interested parties in their programs) burning up the roads paying personal visits to the T$$AA snd its board of directors trying to lobby for their vote against the proposed split. What else went on we can only guess. Also I do know that if I were a private coach, booster, administrator, a.d. I would not want my program to have to compete against other privates it would devastate our program.

kinda weird when you go to a state championship game (aville vs. fca 3 years ago) and employees of the T$$aa say "we hope the public school wins good luck" we are rooting for you".

makes one say, then do something about it. but then you realize its all about $$$$money$$$$ and who can influence the powers that be the most.

i would say that is right on the MONEY! TSSAA doesnt care about the public schools. which means they could care less for public school kids. TSSAA is just doing what the NCAA is doing and that is taking in the most money they can. SAD, SAD, SAD STORY! but very True. not fair to any of the kids really 

i would say that is right on the MONEY! TSSAA doesnt care about the public schools. which means they could care less for public school kids. TSSAA is just doing what the NCAA is doing and that is taking in the most money they can. SAD, SAD, SAD STORY! but very True. not fair to any of the kids really

Right on! I have experienced it in many different ways. As a player back in the day, as a fan and booster. There is a major difference in public and private programs and the t$$aa admits it by enforcing multiplier rule but it is still not a level playing field and won't be until a split. 20 something privates 200 or so publics and the t$$aa always caters to the minority. Why does the 20 something have the say so? Oh yeah money. That's why.

private school dad.

In favor of my school going to D2.

I think we can compete there and stop losing our kids to Baylor and mccalliee.

These guys on here crying about private schools will be crying about open zone next. They're the ones crying when Alcoa almost came to 2A. To them it's more important to be called champion than to be one. "If we get enough people out of our way then maybe we can win too."

It's sad really.

private school dad.

In favor of my school going to D2.

I think we can compete there and stop losing our kids to Baylor and mccalliee.

These guys on here crying about private schools will be crying about open zone next. They're the ones crying when Alcoa almost came to 2A. To them it's more important to be called champion than to be one. "If we get enough people out of our way then maybe we can win too."

It's sad really.

I don't see why people have a problem with open zones

Well said brother. You nailed it.

Well said brother. You nailed it.

We picked up our 3rd ace P in the off season. You thought your boy had a shot at us, that's now gone. We had 2, now we've got what we need to make another run. The # to the office in Hermitage is in the phone book. Send them the pictures of the fall ball kids practicing, LOL! I'm really going to enjoy beating your kid, and sending him packing again........