Marion County Warriors 2016

PurplePower68

My thoughts on the Ross going to McCallie is good riddance.  Let me say this, everyone says Ross is a great coach.  My feelings is not great, good maybe but average.  If you can't win with the team he had 2 years in a row that makes you good. 

What makes him an average coach to me is this - Logan Walters not getting any offers and the other players this year and last.  How many boys from Jasper got an offer?  (someone from Jasper tell us)  C'mon guys, this is valley ball - great players at Jasper that HE NEVER got an offer for.  I mean when Logan don't get an offer, someone is not working for the kids - someone is working for themselves. 

Now on a new coach - in my opinion RK is not going to take it if he's offered and WS is too much of a Pirate and has kids coming through the Pirate system.  Go elsewhere and get you a coach, but for goodness sake don't get a self absorbed pre-madonna that makes it all about himself but about the boys. 

With this statement you assume that RR has not talked to multiple schools for LW. My guess is your wrong. Today, it takes a lot of footwork by both the parents and players to get an offer. It's not 1975. These scouts do not have to come to a game or ask a coach about a player. Everyone's highlights, and what they post on social media outlets (and yes scouts look at what you post), are out there to see. While I agree it's good for a coach to promote a quality player, I do not believe it makes or breaks him as a great coach. Remember, ultimately it's up to the college whether a player gets an offer, NOT a coach.

I'm still here! Not hiding just reading all this bull lol I'd love to see Mathis get the job an bring in a good DC. This team will be loaded again an should be back in cookeville

What kind of mess is this? What bull are you reading? All this mess is true. Old pirate warned you about the SOS and you Jasperlites wouldnt listen. Let me ask you a question. Is this Mathis man going to stay around? If he bought land from that Thornton man he was far more committed than the SOS. I garuntee you I would like to no what kind of mess the SOS filled him full of. That man at Ronnies red eye said the SOS tried to bring him to Griders school when Grider thought he won the durn lottery with the SOS. The SOS was eventually told NO and he grabbed his suitcase and went to that Georgia school he had been talking to all along. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

With this statement you assume that RR has not talked to multiple schools for LW. My guess is your wrong. Today, it takes a lot of footwork by both the parents and players to get an offer. It's not 1975. These scouts do not have to come to a game or ask a coach about a player. Everyone's highlights, and what they post on social media outlets (and yes scouts look at what you post), are out there to see. While I agree it's good for a coach to promote a quality player, I do not believe it makes or breaks him as a great coach. Remember, ultimately it's up to the college whether a player gets an offer, NOT a coach.

too bad they ain't enough data to list all area players that got a ticket out of here. It would be interesting.