Hampton 2016

uknoit2

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to both who made All State,it is a great accomplishment(I know how proud you are)!

I'm sure it makes the boys very proud and I'm really happy for the both of um. My main concern was getting enough props to get a chance at the next level. Thats been my younguns dream forever,looks like its all gonna work out.

I'm sure it makes the boys very proud and I'm really happy for the both of um. My main concern was getting enough props to get a chance at the next level. Thats been my younguns dream forever,looks like its all gonna work out.

Can't ask for anything more!Mine had it,decided just wasn't what he wanted.All I asked was for the opportunity and he got it and made his choice what he thought was right for him So far its worked out pretty good for him.

I posted this on another thread and figured I just copy to here also...I'm not upset at how ETSU does athletic business because that's how they've ALWAYS done local talent and I figured it hadn't changed any.

Must be nice to have a local school want local players.....ETSU here is playing the same game they played when the program went belly up!

They are dropping $30 million on a new stadium and proclaiming how locals can come watch the local recruited HS players play in college right here....They come and see the local HS coaches, explain how much they want our players, invite these players to all the home games and make em feel they're wanted....They then crawfish and want our local HS players to "walk on" so out of state players can be given the scholarships...Saw A LOT of great local players done this way in the 80's and 90's

ETSU will struggle, once again, to get local support because of the way they conduct business

Here's the deal. Ever heard of Nebraska? This is what they did back in the day under Tom Osbourne. We have so many grants and things available now that just because a kid is asked to "walk on" doesn't mean they are having to pay for much of anything. If all you're after is being able to say "this kid or that kid is on a full athletic scholarship" then by all means I understand. Now, the truth here is that many kids playing now aren't on athletic scholarship. South Pitt has two kids on the team right now. Ask me how much athletic money they are getting? With all the Pell Grants available as well as the lottery money a kid can still get a great education and play some ball for a very, small price. They can't ask the kids from out of state to not come on athletic money because they can't get the state grants like in state students.

Very proud...Trying to keep mine out of the Ivy league and closer to home Geeeeez!!

He may join up with Pujo's boy and play college ball down the road a bit...Only time will tell

I'm sure these 2 would like nothing better than to go to the same school. I'm fairly sure it would help the both in a HUGE way.

Here's the deal. Ever heard of Nebraska? This is what they did back in the day under Tom Osbourne. We have so many grants and things available now that just because a kid is asked to "walk on" doesn't mean they are having to pay for much of anything. If all you're after is being able to say "this kid or that kid is on a full athletic scholarship" then by all means I understand. Now, the truth here is that many kids playing now aren't on athletic scholarship. South Pitt has two kids on the team right now. Ask me how much athletic money they are getting? With all the Pell Grants available as well as the lottery money a kid can still get a great education and play some ball for a very, small price. They can't ask the kids from out of state to not come on athletic money because they can't get the state grants like in state students.

My point is this...If they want turnout, better start getting local talent in instead of talking like they're going to.

A program that wants local talent will do what's needed to get it...Not just say, "walk on".

Mom's and dad's from hours away may travel to watch...uncles, aunts, neighbors, etc will not.

It's one of the same problems they had here at ETSU before.

As bad as they got hammered this season they better get some JUCO guys that can help them immediately.

I'm sure they had starters this season that will never see the field again. If you want to draw a crowd the 1st thing you have to do is win. If you put a good product out there, people will buy.

Bet you're glad to see um go. But I know you pretty well. I'm sure you are very happy for the both of um.

I'm glad we don't have to try to figure out how to stop em anymore that's for sure!! but I'm very happy for em and proud of em for representing our region the way they have for years. I'm glad your guys up there finally got enough publicity for that to happen for em!

I heard he wasn't gonna get JUCO kids. Said he was gonna build from the ground up.

That's what he said...That and other things!

Pujo, I slightly disagree...Yes, winning brings crowds but still wouldn't be as large as the crowds coming to see locals compete...This isn't Alabama, Clemson or even UT so winning alone won't cut it IMO.

Funny how some locals are good enough to be offered from Maryville and others but not good enough to be a Buc...Always been that way tho