Offishull Mairvul 2016 Footbawl thread

STARSNBARS

It is funny that some are hitting the panic button because Maryville isn't winning scrimmage games by a large score. GQ never shows anything in these scrimmages. I remember 2008 when Oak Ridge and Farragut whipped Maryville in scrimmages. I also remember Seymour beating Maryville in the jamboree. Things turned out alright that year. 14-1 and state runner up.

I'm with RR on this one. I think Murvil will be ok. It will be interesting to see what they develop into. What will they run facing 3rd and 5 in a close game? Who gets the ball in that situation? Will the defense be strong or a bend-but-don't-break unit? Every team is different.

3rd and 5...mid line option or a side line out. Works about 90% of the time.

Went to the Maryville website and couldn't find any information on the Junior High, JV or Freshman team schedules. I knew the junior high already played one game after the fact. Someone needs to get that thing filled out and don't let it go to waste like the Rebels Nations site. It's a fact we have the worst newspaper in the country so you never know anything unless you know a parent of a kid to ask. You would expect this back in 1916 not 2016. Surly somebody is in charge of this job.hx2mg8.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

Went to the Maryville website and couldn't find any information on the Junior High, JV or Freshman team schedules. I knew the junior high already played one game after the fact. Someone needs to get that thing filled out and don't let it go to waste like the Rebels Nations site. It's a fact we have the worst newspaper in the country so you never know anything unless you know a parent of a kid to ask. You would expect this back in 1916 not 2016. Surly somebody is in charge of this job.hx2mg8.jpg

MJHS plays at 6 pm tonight at 825 Lawrence

Barney,

as popular as football is in Blount Co, you'd think the newspaper would make covering it a priority. I was watching football videos on youtube yesterday, and saw where Rhea County's paper posts videos of all of their games, scrimmages, and even some of their practices. Why cant we get that here?

Barney....are you happy about anything? 

Barney....are you happy about anything? 

I guess after building 30 plus houses a year for seven years and dealing with every idiot and their brother and all the stupid things you could ever imagine and then get the living crap beat out of you by a homeowner when one of those mistakes happens and gets through the cracks could change your personality to.

Edited by BarneySox2007