Ooltewah Basketball Season Canceled

Southtowner

It gets worse and worse. The Lebanon coach said one the 3 threatened to kill one his players at the tournament.

The story that just keeps on giving.

Pathetic response from the school board and T$$AA. There should be so many heads rolling over this you could mistake the school for a bowling alley.

Wonder where all the Ooltewah posters are? Haven't heard a squeak from any of them since this happened. The whole sports program there is a big joke. Hate that we lost to them in football. I hate it for everyone involved, but maybe this was the only way things would get out about how things are run there. Still praying for all involved.

Edited by SweetScience

Wonder where all the Ooltewah posters are? Haven't heard a squeak from any of them since this happened. The whole sports program there is a big joke. Hate that we lost to them in football. I hate it for everyone involved, but maybe this was the only way things would get out about how things are run there. Still praying for all involved.

I don't have much to say because A) I don't follow basketball closely and B ) I've been waiting on the facts.

This has nothing to do with the football program or any other program at OHS. You don't know how "things are run" anymore than I do. I've heard plenty about athletes at many schools including Oak Ridge misbehaving but have never once judged an entire school for it.

I am sickened by the action and I hope all that are found guilty are punished. Destroying 1600+ students and personally attacking faculty and coaches who have no bearing on this is reckless and deplorable.

SweetScience I've always thought of you as a level headed, insightful poster. I don't recall you having any problems with our football team (minus facilities) when we played.

Edited by RicoSuave88

I don't have much to say because A) I don't follow basketball closely and B ) I've been waiting on the facts.

This has nothing to do with the football program or any other program at OHS. You don't know how "things are run" anymore than I do. I've heard plenty about athletes at many schools including Oak Ridge misbehaving but have never once judged an entire school for it.

I am sickened by the action and I hope all that are found guilty are punished. Destroying 1600+ students and personally attacking faculty and coaches who have no bearing on this is reckless and deplorable.

SweetScience I've always thought of you as a level headed, insightful poster. I don't recall you having any problems with our football team (minus facilities) when we played.

The coach has been transferred 5o a non teaching job by the board,and not allowed on te campus.So something has came out. Edited by orngnblk

I have never had a problem with Ooltewah football, but some of the things that have come out since then makes me and a lot of other folks wonder. Like all of the hardships granted? What's that about? Read an article saying apparently their could be a lot of illegal students going there for sports? Did that include football players? I guess we will never really know until things come out if they ever do? From reading the article it makes you think that Ooltewah has been getting inner city students to come there for sports, whether it's fully true or not who knows? That's what makes me mad, to think if that was the case that we may have lost to a bunch of cheaters, you know? It all just makes you wonder, that's all. No hard feelings towards any Ooltewah posters here, but that's just the impression I got from the article I read. And weren't some of the football players on the basketball team and involved in this as well? Yeah, I hate to paint a broad brush, and I know their are great people there, but things have gone on there and the truth is starting to come out. It just sucks that a kids life was in jeopardy for that to happen. Not trying to offend anyone here. I enjoy talking with all of the Ooltewah guys, PA included.