Dobyns Bennett Athletics

If I am reading this right, in 2015 DB had the toughest 6A schedule in the state.    That may not ease the pain but it could explain some of the perceived mediocrity

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/rankings/sos.cfm?sportid=1

I told a couple of my DB fan coworkers before the season started that they would be fortunate to finish 5-5 with the new schedule. Neither believed me, but after the season one admitted I was right while the other is still in denial. It wasn't hard to see it coming. You replace what amounted to 4 extra open dates in Volunteer, Crockett, Boone and Central.....actually better than open dates in that your starters got some light work in and your reserves got a ton on valuable game experience....and replaced them with 4 teams that are capable of beating you on any given Friday. Seeing Murville generally prance through their schedule without breaking a sweat gives you a real appreciation of just how far ahead of everyone else their program is. DB will eventually adjust to their schedule, but both DB and SHHS have miles to go  to catch Murville.

i am hoping BBall Freshman Riamello Wadsworth will play football. he is 14 and is usually the strongest player on the varsity court. The good news is, his older brother moved to Kingsport over the winter break and will for sure be playing. He has good size for a DE - 6-2 275.

DB has tons of returning youthful players and they are working hard. We could have a change at QB - and if we do, the RB position will be improved greatly by moving #6 Maupin to RB... his natural position. A stud RB from Sevier may actually move to varisity instantly.... I liken him #32 Chris Sensabaugh with a little more height...physically the same.

Haters going to hate an still not show up for a game. Pay the price of admission and actually be a fan. Its great to be a part of the Tribe. The school is loaded with great young athletes and I support them all.

Roll Tribe

Very, very good find. I knew every game was a playoff calibur team, but had no idea we were first. I have said that in the old conference, the tribe would have been 7-3 or 8-2. Folks who didn't travel, or watch every game just look at records. Yes, the coaching adjustments could have been more dynamic, but considering the opponents, not a bad performance. Five or six plays on the season, and 4-7 becomes 7-4 pretty quickly. Keep working and playing hard. Better days ahead....

No amount of LSD makes the 2015 performance accepable or justified. Coaching must change radically - from the top down. Should have beaten every opponent but big M.

BTW, LSD is illegal.

i am hoping BBall Freshman Riamello Wadsworth will play football. he is 14 and is usually the strongest player on the varsity court. The good news is, his older brother moved to Kingsport over the winter break and will for sure be playing. He has good size for a DE - 6-2 275.

DB has tons of returning youthful players and they are working hard. We could have a change at QB - and if we do, the RB position will be improved greatly by moving #6 Maupin to RB... his natural position. A stud RB from Sevier may actually move to varisity instantly.... I liken him #32 Chris Sensabaugh with a little more height...physically the same.

Haters going to hate an still not show up for a game. Pay the price of admission and actually be a fan. Its great to be a part of the Tribe. The school is loaded with great young athletes and I support them all.

Roll Tribe

Maupin is a stud anywhere on the field.He can play defense,catch the ball,run the ball or throw it.I can't see putting him at RB with a bigger Chris Sensabaugh type runner coming up.I can't see doing a lot of things but it is what it is.

Waco orr caiped crewsaidur orr ennybodee... whut wood hit taik fer me and momma two set inn the knew uppur deck att Kangsport this fall othur thain tha obveeus (Metler crain, anchor chanes, hevvy duty cabulls etc).....???..... :popcorneater:

One thing for sure, this game will be SRO.       Anybody know when the 2016 schedules get released?

Waco orr caiped crewsaidur orr ennybodee... whut wood hit taik fer me and momma two set inn the knew uppur deck att Kangsport this fall othur thain tha obveeus (Metler crain, anchor chanes, hevvy duty cabulls etc).....???..... :popcorneater:

How much do u-all weigh compared to two mobile homes? Because they got two mobile homes sitting at the top of the upper deck right now.