Oak Ridge 2016

OR nole

It's a mental thing folks. If a kid plays against one of the best out there in a scrimmage then when you slip down a notch to play the likes of a Clinton, DB and Farragut the first three games in the back of your mind you know you've wrestled with a lot bigger bear than them. Why do you think Maryville will travel to Cookeville to play Endsworth. GQ could get a scrimmage game with a lot of teams but he don't want to waste time or the teams on playing someone they won't get no benefit out of. Last year they went to Sevier County and they laid down and didn't even try to play so there is nothing to gain from that. As a fan I can say that I want the best for OR because we are in two different classes and no reason not to pull for them.

First barn is mad local teams are afraid to scrimmage mairvul. Now GQ doesn't want to scrimmage local teams because we're not good enough. I think barney likes arguing with himself. So I ask this. Did hanging out with 91 too much or eating too many alinwick hot dogs make u go crazy?

It's a mental thing folks. If a kid plays against one of the best out there in a scrimmage then when you slip down a notch to play the likes of a Clinton, DB and Farragut the first three games in the back of your mind you know you've wrestled with a lot bigger bear than them. Why do you think Maryville will travel to Cookeville to play Endsworth. GQ could get a scrimmage game with a lot of teams but he don't want to waste time or the teams on playing someone they won't get no benefit out of. Last year they went to Sevier County and they laid down and didn't even try to play so there is nothing to gain from that. As a fan I can say that I want the best for OR because we are in two different classes and no reason not to pull for them.

No. I think Barney is just reading way too much into it. I just don't see the big deal about it. Y'all have scrimmaged mediocre teams before as well. Stop the silliness. Now take the controversy to another teams thread.

Edited by SweetScience

Barney, we scrimmaged Maryville in 2014 and barely beat a mediocre Farragut team 13-0 in our home opening 1st game that year. Scrimmaging Maryville didn't automatically make us a great team and beat Farragut by 50. Do you realize how arrogant that comes off to people? What would you think if I went around on other teams posts saying  the same thing you are saying about OR? This is what it comes off like. "We are Maryville, we are the greatest (whether it's true or not, still arrogant), the benefits you receive from scrimmaging us will make you an excellent team, because we are the shizz, son!) Seriously though it's annoying.

Barney, we scrimmaged Maryville in 2014 and barely beat a mediocre Farragut team 13-0 in our home opening 1st game that year. Scrimmaging Maryville didn't automatically make us a great team and beat Farragut by 50. Do you realize how arrogant that comes off to people? What would you think if I went around on other teams posts saying the same thing you are saying about OR? This is what it comes off like. "We are Maryville, we are the greatest (whether it's true or not, still arrogant), the benefits you receive from scrimmaging us will make you an excellent team, because we are the shizz, son!) Seriously though it's annoying.

Maybe he needs to change his name to gorebels89

Barney, we scrimmaged Maryville in 2014 and barely beat a mediocre Farragut team 13-0 in our home opening 1st game that year. Scrimmaging Maryville didn't automatically make us a great team and beat Farragut by 50. Do you realize how arrogant that comes off to people? What would you think if I went around on other teams posts saying  the same thing you are saying about OR? This is what it comes off like. "We are Maryville, we are the greatest (whether it's true or not, still arrogant), the benefits you receive from scrimmaging us will make you an excellent team, because we are the shizz, son!) Seriously though it's annoying.

Not arrogant at all. Your team has a lot better athletes and so close to going all the way. It just hurts me as a fan of the game to see Sevier County which you all beat very clearly playing in the state championship game when you know inside that should have been your team. What you don't see that I do is that I'm a lot older and remember when OR was the Maryville of my times and I would love to see that again. Not fussing with you but an observation. I've always said if your in the picture you can't always see what others can that are looking at the picture.

Oak Ridge - Maryville would an interesting scrimmage to watch. With all the Athletes that OR lines up I would think it would be as good for Maryville as it would be for OR. 

Oak Ridge - Maryville would an interesting scrimmage to watch. With all the Athletes that OR lines up I would think it would be as good for Maryville as it would be for OR. 

I agree. Ok, Barn (Pecker head) I understand your viewpoint, I guess it just comes off the wrong way. I agree it would be a good scrimmage, and like I said I, personally would enjoy doing it again.

Not arrogant at all. Your team has a lot better athletes and so close to going all the way. It just hurts me as a fan of the game to see Sevier County which you all beat very clearly playing in the state championship game when you know inside that should have been your team. What you don't see that I do is that I'm a lot older and remember when OR was the Maryville of my times and I would love to see that again. Not fussing with you but an observation. I've always said if your in the picture you can't always see what others can that are looking at the picture.

Hurts you as a fan of the game to watch a team that won games when they needed to make the state championship? By your Logic Farragut should have been there since they handled Oak Ridge and performed better in the play offs. It's all about match-ups but don't try to take anything away from Sevier County for getting there like your statement is making it.