Oak Ridge 2016

OR nole

Thank you SS. I'm getting the 10.55 will be neat in next 2 years. I'm a track fan and if the Graham kid stays healthy and grows a little and gets stronger with just age he will push it. He's fast. Looking at some of athletes out of Nashville and Memphis...wow.

I agree with you. I have followed track for years, and I like OR track among others. Watched the sprinters they had in the late 90's as well as Short, Moore, and Hardy. Graham doesn't remind me of any of them, built different. His turnover is crazy fast, so when he's taller and stronger he will be tough. this year his best individual event was the 200, where he broke 23 seconds, but he really shined running anchor on the relays. I like a team guy like that.

I agree with you. I have followed track for years, and I like OR track among others. Watched the sprinters they had in the late 90's as well as Short, Moore, and Hardy. Graham doesn't remind me of any of them, built different. His turnover is crazy fast, so when he's taller and stronger he will be tough. this year his best individual event was the 200, where he broke 23 seconds, but he really shined running anchor on the relays. I like a team guy like that.

You followed long enough to remember William Dickey and Eric Williams? They were part of a blazing fast 4x100 in the mid 90's. You must have also watched James Booker?

Thank you SS. I'm getting the 10.55 will be neat in next 2 years. I'm a track fan and if the Graham kid stays healthy and grows a little and gets stronger with just age he will push it. He's fast. Looking at some of athletes out of Nashville and Memphis...wow.

The Graham kid is fast for sure but didn't we finish like 9th or 10th in that relay? Are the other kids just kinda fast?

Thirty years ago Leroy Thompson from Austin-East who has been considered by most that he was the best prospect that ever came from the Knoxville Metro Area was a Five Star running back with 125 college offers. Most Tennessee fans thought he would play for the Vols and then all the sudden Penn State came in and took him away breaking a lot of Vol faithfuls hearts. UT signed another running back out of Knox Central that didn't have a tenth of the popularity that Thompson had by the name of Reggie Cobb. Thompson in a four year career at Penn State rushed for 1,215 yards and played six years in the NFL as a back up. Cobb gained 1,197 yards his freshman year alone and ended up with 2,360 yards as a Vol before his career was cut short by failing three drug test. He went on to the NFL and played seven years and did gain a thousand yards in a season as well. The reason I write this is that this reminds me of the same thing Tee Higgins is going through being recruited by so many good schools that I can't remember anything like it since Leroy Thompson. I do hope he goes to UT out of just being a Vol fan but if he chooses to go somewhere else I hope him nothing but the best and will always be pulling for him. The other reason I write this is that as a Vol Fan and he chooses to go somewhere else the world will not end just as it didn't in 1987. There is a lot of heat being put on Butch Jones by fans and people act as if it's do or die and sure a lot of people will be disappointed if the young man goes somewhere else but take this lesson from history and UT will survive and hope Tee Higgins the best whatever he chooses. 

Thirty years ago Leroy Thompson from Austin-East who has been considered by most that he was the best prospect that ever came from the Knoxville Metro Area was a Five Star running back with 125 college offers. Most Tennessee fans thought he would play for the Vols and then all the sudden Penn State came in and took him away breaking a lot of Vol faithfuls hearts. UT signed another running back out of Knox Central that didn't have a tenth of the popularity that Thompson had by the name of Reggie Cobb. Thompson in a four year career at Penn State rushed for 1,215 yards and played six years in the NFL as a back up. Cobb gained 1,197 yards his freshman year alone and ended up with 2,360 yards as a Vol before his career was cut short by failing three drug test. He went on to the NFL and played seven years and did gain a thousand yards in a season as well. The reason I write this is that this reminds me of the same thing Tee Higgins is going through being recruited by so many good schools that I can't remember anything like it since Leroy Thompson. I do hope he goes to UT out of just being a Vol fan but if he chooses to go somewhere else I hope him nothing but the best and will always be pulling for him. The other reason I write this is that as a Vol Fan and he chooses to go somewhere else the world will not end just as it didn't in 1987. There is a lot of heat being put on Butch Jones by fans and people act as if it's do or die and sure a lot of people will be disappointed if the young man goes somewhere else but take this lesson from history and UT will survive and hope Tee Higgins the best whatever he chooses.

didn't he change his name to La-Roy?

You followed long enough to remember William Dickey and Eric Williams? They were part of a blazing fast 4x100 in the mid 90's. You must have also watched James Booker?

Yes, vaguely. Seems like William was a 400 runner. I remember McAddley, the hurdler Wood, Crowe, Harden. OR had a good group of girl sprinters around that time, too.

HIGGINS Update:  Tee has tweeted his top five list and Tennessee is the leader, followed by Clemson, Ohio State, Florida State and Ole Miss.

My thoughts are that UT will have a great year this up coming season which may help as progress continues over there. The only thing I see that can hurt is if anything negative such as unexpected injuries to key players that may cause losses and the boo birds to call into the radio shows complaining while their lazy butts sets in line at McDonald's because they their lazy, fat and critical and think we live in a push button world to order wins.

Edited by BarneySox2007