Oak Ridge 2016

OR nole

W

I know the Maryville youth football teams & coaches very well.  I know for a fact that the youth coaches have NEVER had a Xs & Os conversation with GQ.  Those coaches play simple block and tackle football.  I heard one on them say their goals were to teach the kids to block, tackle, love the game, and love the Rebels.  To say "kids are raised to be QB's and learn one syst. from grass hoppers on" is the spreading of a big myth.  It doesn't really matter, but it is a myth.

Well, I work with a a guy who his son  came up through the System.. And from the minute  he learned that he had talent, the Dad was in GQ's ear. LOL-- . And GQ did watch him his entire carrer and the kid  did get a lot of Playing time in HS. (like  a lot kids) so I was just speaking from my own pers exp. Knowing the Dad.  Now, the Dad is the one who told me that most of the youth  ran the same Syst.  as the HS.

and I have heard that from  Coaches  as well, but again. it is all hearsay.

Edited by Runswithknife

W

Well, I work with a a guy who his son  came up through the System.. And from the minute  he learned that he had talent, the Dad was in GQ's ear. LOL-- . And GQ did watch him his entire carrer and the kid  did get a lot of Playing time in HS. (like  a lot kids) so I was just speaking from my own pers exp. Knowing the Dad.  Now, the Dad is the one who told me that most of the youth  ran the same Syst.  as the HS.

Where do you work? I might know him.

W

I know better.  I personally know every single youth coach and none of those coaches would say that they run the GQ system.

I know better. I personally know every single youth coach and none of those coaches would say that they run the GQ system.

I had a conversation about this one time with one of the 10 year old teams coach. He said he wish he could get the boys to run such complicated offensive schemes. He thought it was comical.

W

Thought I might demystify your rumor about the system someone you work with has exaggerated just a little bit about. I have a copy of the 2009 Maryville Southerners team lineup which are now the juniors and seniors on the team this year. There were 35 kids on this team and out of that group Hodge, Warrick and Cardwell play for Alcoa, Headrick for GCA and Leonard for Webb. Out of the other thirty kids only 15 were on Maryville's roster in it's last game. Out of that 15 only half of them start so where did all these kids come from on a 95 man roster. Why would GQ give out the secret recipe to kids that are going to Alcoa of all places. I was very surprised myself to find out this information because only 33% of that team play for Maryville. One of my most favorite people I enjoy talking with is a former head coach at Maryville and he is always telling me a story someone came to him with and his normal response to them is "Really I didn't know that".10gzk3o.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

Thought I might demystify your rumor about the system someone you work with has exaggerated just a little bit about. I have a copy of the 2009 Maryville Southerners team lineup which are now the juniors and seniors on the team this year. There were 35 kids on this team and out of that group Hodge, Warrick and Cardwell play for Alcoa, Headrick for GCA and Leonard for Webb. Out of the other thirty kids only 15 were on Maryville's roster in it's last game. Out of that 15 only half of them start so where did all these kids come from on a 95 man roster. Why would GQ give out the secret recipe to kids that are going to Alcoa of all places. I was very surprised myself to find out this information because only 33% of that team play for Maryville. One of my most favorite people I enjoy talking with is a former head coach at Maryville and he is always telling me a story someone came to him with and his normal response to them is "Really I didn't know that".10gzk3o.jpg

Secret recipe? Lol! Believe it or not Coaches can break down tendencies on film pretty easily. I mean, I would imagine that is what happens when Maryville ends up in the playoffs playing the big boys over In middle and west Tn. My friend, may have been an exception rather than the rule over there, his son was groomed to be a quarterback from birth. his father knew GQ and asked his advice etc. etc. I sure hope that we have cleared this up. I'm hoping not to get any more Little League coaches on my back. Lol! Go rebels ! Edited by Runswithknife