CRB leaving CAK

QSouth89

A search committee led by the AD has been talking to candidates and the goal is to have a coach hired within the next 2-3 weeks if not sooner.

I am going to refrain from mentioning by name the candidates who have been interviewed; Slaughter Red would just accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about anyway. But it's my impression progress is being made and the AD will make a good hire.

I will respond to an earlier post that suggested CAK might look to middle or west TN. My personal opinion...is that if they look outside the area a more likely source would be suburban Atlanta private schools as that is where the current headmaster and AD worked together for a few years before they came up here three years ago and two years ago respectively. That's where they know people. All other things being equal, I hope they can find a local coach who is a good fit because a well-known and respected Knoxville-area coach might draw more kids than somebody from GA no one around here has heard of.

This thread has gone very quiet

Cak doesn't need to hire a pro style or I formation type coach! That system won't work at Cak with limited athletes and size, they need to stick with a coach who can spread the ball out. I wonder also if the new coach will keep the same RB type stuff and try not to play starters both ways. That's tough with limited bodies I know! I would actually incorporate some spread "run" after Cole graduates. I don't think Wittens brother leaves his hometown and school. I wonder if the AD will hire his son who is already in as coach of the lacrosse team! I'm affaird with the last few hires I'm not real confident in a good hire. Just my two cents

I've heard this chatter also. The candidate has denied it when asked by a source of mine in E-Town.

But there has been a lot of smoke surrounding his interest in other jobs over the past couple of years.  Whether he truly had interest, or he was using the opportunity to get improvements for the E-Town program, nobody will really ever know.  

And as for his being a "pro style" coach, SW is smart enough to be able to adjust and adapt to the scheme that best fits the talent he has.  

Edited by HTV