Region 2-1A

Remmij

thats what I said everybody else gets transfers coalfield is the only school to get recruits. Seriously old school you don't really believe that do you? If you do I have some waterfront property for sale.

YES there is a difference in a family moving in to a town than a family moving 15 minutes down the road and renting a place from a big time booster of the school and the kid working for the middle school head basketball coach middle school football coach and a spotter for the high school football team yes it go's on every were but Ted McKinney at coalfield is the best around at it he has talked to kids for years some end up at coalfield some don't I would go out on a limb to say coalfield has at lest 10 to 15 kids playing sports in there school that are not coalfield kids girls and boys

im sure the whole gb community had to work hard to get the whole silvey hardship living in loudon and never moving while enrolling in two schools debacle recruit deal worked out last year. Was that recruiting o&b?[/quot his dad brought him over there and wanted to enroll in school there because he didn't want him to play for the new coach at Loudon to my understanding so no I don't think we recruited him but we did not turn them down by no means. And yes I'm sure we did anything we could to make sure the hardship went through anybody would for that kind of player. To say we went to Loudon and recruited him that would not be true we've never done that for any kid but he saw the potential to be on a good team you really can't blame him for that either and Loudon was on its way down

well said o&b and I would say the exact same thing happened in this case.

ame="orngnblk" post="3521571" timestamp="1468414292"]well said o&b and I would say the exact same thing happened in this case.

Good athletes want to play with other good athletes and win games. Parents talk to other parents all the time about moving to a different school so I wouldn't call it recruiting.

Good athletes want to play with other good athletes and win games. Parents talk to other parents all the time about moving to a different school so I wouldn't call it recruiting.

You really can't RECRUIT anyone that don't want to come. Coalfield ,being the football school in the County is a big lure. I hope the kid in question has a great year,he deserves to play on a talented team. Shoot I've tried to recruit kids and most wish they had listened when it was all over. Its sorta strange in this area,most kids would die before they would change school colors. I;ll say this,if Iwere in Morgan Co.mine would play for Coalfield. I expect my kids to bust their tails and putting them in a place where they can excel is high on my list.

I agree with you completely. Our society has became one where people always look to take the easy way out instead of working for something and there is no longer such a thing as loyalty.

Talking someone into coming is different from this situation. The difference is having a coach with their school giving that player a job with his company, paying to take him to camps, giving his mom a job at their school, and getting them a house in their district from a booster.

Edited by Vols2016

I agree with you completely. Our society has became one where people always look to take the easy way out instead of working for something and there is no longer such a thing as loyalty.

But if you work harder ,it could be that you deserve more. Our society tends to want everyone on the same level. I don't care how much they try,it will never happen. I believe in being loyal but only to whats loyal to you.

But if you work harder ,it could be that you deserve more. Our society tends to want everyone on the same level. I don't care how much they try,it will never happen. I believe in being loyal but only to whats loyal to you.

When you say loyalty, I think you would mean something like the time the community completely rallied around this kid and his family 2 years ago when tragedy struck.

When you say loyalty, I think you would mean something like the time the community completely rallied around this kid and his family 2 years ago when tragedy struck.

I'd say you are much closer to the situation than I am. I'm all for loyal when it goes both ways.

I'd say you are much closer to the situation than I am. I'm all for loyal when it goes both ways.

i for sure know people who know. Hey, let's all talk actual football. What are everyones predictions now that Harriman and CF have added some serious players? Do the transfers change your alls original predictions at all? Edited by RudyWasOffsides