Mr. Basketball finalist's

UCSportsFan

At the end of the day the best prospect in Single A is DeMarco Jackson. A team can have a system and be close to the "Glass House" (CPA). Key is a decent player and I hope he does well, but the best player in Single won't win the award unfortunately.

Can't highlights for Key

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4782842/highlights/327921641

Nothing in the video makes him stand out over Key. You're not giving Key enough credit as he is far better than decent. Jackson is talented but I would venture to say Key is all around better as he is a better 3 point shooter, ball handler, and free throw shooter. Every dunk or steal in that video Key has done many times over this year as a junior.

Getting very hard looks from Vandy and University of Tennessee with numerous big AAU programs wanting him just proves that he is the real deal and far better than just "decent". The CPA you speak of has begged him to come there for his senior year.

Edited by Shozen

Garrett Sams from Westview can hold his own against any player in this state. Kid has range from 32 feet easily. Westview has went against every power in this area: Fayette-Ware, South Side, Obion County, and a nationally ranked Simeon team that is gonna win a state championship. Westview would win any AA district in Middle Tennessee easily. If Creek Wood is the best team in the Mid-State, it's not that strong

Nothing in the video makes him stand out over Key. You're not giving Key enough credit as he is far better than decent. Jackson is talented but I would venture to say Key is all around better as he is a better 3 point shooter, ball handler, and free throw shooter. Every dunk or steal in that video Key has done many times over this year as a junior.

Getting very hard looks from Vandy and University of Tennessee with numerous big AAU programs wanting him just proves that he is the real deal and far better than just "decent". The CPA you speak of has begged him to come there for his senior year.

I'm sure CPA would love to have him.  they need a star player.  They don't thrive without one.  I'm not saying the kid doesn't have talent I just think he's decent.  Jackson is decent and Hopkins is decent.  None of them will go in a change the culture of a major college program.  They all do different things great.  The difference is versatility in this matter.  Jackson plays 1-5   Key is only a guard.

At the end of the day the best prospect in Single A is DeMarco Jackson.  A team can have a system and be close to the "Glass House" (CPA).  Key is a decent player and I hope he does well, but the best player in Single won't win the award unfortunately.

Can't find highlights for Key

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4782842/highlights/327921641

The Top 3 kids in single A are Hopkins, Key, Foster. All that video shows is he can dunk and most can. I saw the Jackson Kid last year against Huntland and Foster lit his team up. Key will win the awards since his team is still playing. Jackson's Highlights aren't better than Foster's, Which shows multiple ways of scoring: Long, mid,short ,and dunks by a 5'11" guy.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6036118/highlights/315528405

The Top 3 kids in single A are Hopkins, Key, Foster. All that video shows is he can dunk and most can. I saw the Jackson Kid last year against Huntland and Foster lit his team up. Key will win the awards since his team is still playing. Jackson's Highlights aren't better than Foster's, Which shows multiple ways of scoring: Long, mid,short ,and dunks by a 5'11" guy.

I've seen Foster play.He should have all those points taking the number of shots that he does.

Key is the best player in Class A and one of the top 5 in the state regardless of classification.

Key being a top 5 player in the state is laughable. And i dont understand why its continually being pointed out that "top aau" programs are after him. Imo aau doesnt matter if youre not selfish enough with the ball to takeover and stand out, and as a 2017 player its kinda too late for him to benefit very well from an aau organization in the state unless he went to Team Penny, Team Thad or WACG and made a deep run into the peach jam(for the nike affiliated teams) or a event like that for example and was able to extremely stand out. And even with those teams they have kids who have been playing together for over 5 years and have been successful on all the AAU circuits. All 3 of those organizations bring players from out of the state (Dennis Smith, PJ Washington, Marvin Bagley, and Kevaughn allen to name a few all top 50 players nationally) in to play in the big circuits so even the local talent is sometimes overshadowed by the top blue chippers. The AAU circuit is extremely political there are rarely overnight stars who join the teams and completely show out enough; and if youre not with a organization that is sponsored by the big boys (Nike, Addidas, UA) it can be pointless and its sometimes hard to be seen. Key is special, he has the size for the next level and a tremendous skill set but Its hard to believe that he's a top 5 player in the state if you have not seen all of the top kids play. Our state is very competitive in basketball even on a national level and we are lucky to see some of the future stars that we do. But top 5 is far fetched seeing that we cant find any video evidence of him and he doesn't have a single star on any recruiting board (even tho ratings are dumb and not an exact science).

• Upvote 1